Hobbies

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
UnsungHero
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by UnsungHero »

Reading obviously, hiking, fishing, video games, crocheting, and art.
sharon.gmc

Post by sharon.gmc »

I spend my spare time watching movies. . .
scarlettpikachu

Post by scarlettpikachu »

I like to smoke; I'm not hiding it either. hehe
freedoc61

Post by freedoc61 »

So I am new to this site, and, due to my highly random and unbearably transient mind, I drifted right to this site. Original intention occurs to me with a robotic voice: "find... online... book... club...". SO what do I do?
I find this terrific site and drift into what I find truly enjoyable - the random, unscripted parts!

My hobbies are: fixations on moving to UK or New Zealand to practice medicine - I might accept a two year locums assignment in 2010 to either Scotland or New Zealand, and would be taking my 13 yo son.

Other hobbies are:
-conjuring up plots for my book, of which I have created at least 47 in the past year. But they are good, really!
-traveling (I always feel completely alive starting on a trip)
-PC Games, usually adventure/role playing
-Getting into unbelievably deep conversations with virtual strangers
-Avoiding getting into unbelievably deep conversations with virtual strangers

Some of my favorite books:
- All of Jerzy Kosinski's stuff (not sure why, though he had such a simple voice, with such brutal images he had to describe)
- Recent Books (read or pending reads):
"The Historian" - loved the fact based history mingled with fiction.
"Suite Francaise"
"Codex"
"The Kite Runner"

I grew up in NYC, but live now in a log home in Oregon, and find myself drawn to the complex. I can, at times, be very fantasy based, preferring teen literature with resolved endings, and then I want Eastern Europeans writers (Milan Kundera, Solzhenitsyn) that never resolve anything, leading to tragedy. What I don't read is the more subtle, complex emotional books that other women seem to prefer. Not sure why!

That might cover it for now.
andr70

Post by andr70 »

I like to visit interesting sites in Internet
greenfin1

Post by greenfin1 »

Well in my free time, i would like to renovate my house. In now days i am repairing my house roofs. In my roof repairing i am using liquid roof. I think liquid roof is the best product for roof repairing. Its characteristics are amazing. The advantages that this liquid roof coating offers are countless. It is waterproof, has high compatibility with almost all types of surfaces, very flexible and elastic and can withstand a large temperature range from -62 degrees F to 300 degrees F without cracking.
victory08

Post by victory08 »

i'm listening to the music and playing computer games
juanmacho33

Post by juanmacho33 »

skiing and mountain biking
wii4u

Post by wii4u »

-Photography
-Playing w/ my computer, usually Photoshop related
-Website designing & updates, especially my photo website (Do you see a pattern here?)
-Eventually I'll fire up my Xbox again
dbreeds

Post by dbreeds »

When my life is not taking up by studying for engineering, I love to be outside, especially playing golf. I enjoy hiking, mountain biking, or even taking a walk with a good friend.
TheoGio

Post by TheoGio »

Like most on this forum I love to read. Potography is a big interest. As a product designer, most things related to art and design. Haven't painted in a very long time (because i don't have the time), but i would like to do more again.
dmvictoria

Post by dmvictoria »

I work too hard, my work is my hobby.
Barnabus Cadbury

Post by Barnabus Cadbury »

Video gaming is my hobbie, not only am i great at it, I am usually amazingly good when I try a new game. Is this normal?

Stand together, plug in your headphones, and prepare to fight! for free audio books!
LadyGulliver

Post by LadyGulliver »

I absolutely love camping and hitting the trails! My day job is orienteering and I'm an adventure guide so I'm always doing something interesting... outside of this site and work I love going to the movies, having a good drink with my college sorority sisters (I'm an alum now!), bonfires and bbqs with friends and fam, and SHOPPING!!!!!! I love fashion!! and I play piano too.

music=love!!.......and so does reading!
DSFlyman

Post by DSFlyman »

LOL

Fly fishing - it's good for your soul - just do it! (catch and release of course)

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”