Smugglers Arms --- Best Pub in Town!

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
C0ldf1re
Bookshelf Size: 0

Smugglers Arms --- Best Pub in Town!

Post by C0ldf1re »

Welcome to the Smugglers Arms the best pub in town

You've tried the rest, now try the best! Best ales, fine wines, strongest liquor. And a landlord who makes you welcome.

First drink is on the house for customers who enter with a smile and a joke!
8) The hedgehogs have eaten the breakfast. The rose has wilted. And I've put my trousers on. 8) -------------------- (See Post #1501)
StephenKingman
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephenkingman.html

Post by StephenKingman »

^ Hey, we agreed not to split the forum pubs into commoners and classy until the end of the year, are you trying to take more than your fair share?? Just for that, I have no choice but to expose our plans, Coldf!ire planned to chuck Gannon, Carla, Ant, Primrose and Laci into his common pub and give me Fran, dindin and Maud for my new classier establishment...make of that what you will people. And when you are ready for a proper drink and a friendly hello, my door is always open.

For shame, Coldf!re.......
You only live once.....so live!
C0ldf1re

Post by C0ldf1re »

StephenKingman wrote:... Coldf!ire planned to chuck Gannon, Carla, Ant, Primrose and Laci into his common pub...
Well, there you go! (Or come, rather!) OK, Gannon, Carla, Ant, Primrose and Laci! I think that you're my sort of classy customers. Come where you know you're wanted... here! :D
StephenKingman wrote:... and give me Fran, dindin and Maud...
Nobody agreed that Mike could have Fran or Maud! C'mon, girls! Try out my place. (First drink is on the house, if you're smiling as you come through the door!)
8) The hedgehogs have eaten the breakfast. The rose has wilted. And I've put my trousers on. 8) -------------------- (See Post #1501)
laci_baby
Favorite Author: Oscar Wilde
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
fav_author_id: 2475

Post by laci_baby »

Yay i wasnt forgotten!
Oh boys dont fight, your both pretty. I cant pick sides nor pubs, so make me a regular in both. After this kid comes out i'm going to need the extra drinks. :lol:
Fairytales are more than true: not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -Neil Gaiman
C0ldf1re

Post by C0ldf1re »

laci_baby wrote:... Oh boys dont fight, your both pretty...
:shock: Thanks for the compliment, dear, but... On this side of the Pond, real men aren't too sure that they want to be called "pretty". It rather suggests lipstick, and eyeshadow, and girlie things. Of course, Mike may have different ideas! :lol:
StephenKingman
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephenkingman.html

Post by StephenKingman »

Happy 1000 posts Coldf!re, I just gatecrashed your pub and replaced the ale with cider and the bef jerkies with Tayto crisps to give your party an Irish theme :lol:

Well done on reaching the 1000 man, your posts are always entertaining, lets all raise a glass for Coldf!re (sorry about the whole murder accusations but you are a good sport!)

Here is your present- Laci in a glass :lol:

You only live once.....so live!
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

Congratulations, well done C0ldf1re .... a major milestone cleared :wink:
We fade away, but vivid in our eyes
A world is born again that never dies.
- My Home by Clive James
C0ldf1re

Post by C0ldf1re »

Thanks, Mike! Thanks, Fran! Now it feels like a real 1,000th party, with my friends here! :D
Gannon
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Colleen McCullough
Favorite Book: Pillars of the Earth
Currently Reading: Heaven's Net is Wide.
Bookshelf Size: 52
fav_author_id: 2863

Post by Gannon »

Nice work Coldfire. :D
Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless. - Mother Teresa
C0ldf1re

Post by C0ldf1re »

Thanks Gannon, and welcome!

OK. Red wino for Fran. Lucozade for Mike. What are you having, Gannon?

It's all on the house today, so drink and make merry!
laci_baby
Favorite Author: Oscar Wilde
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
fav_author_id: 2475

Post by laci_baby »

Congrats darling..
Laci in a glass... Haha wow.
You know I really love the fact that I don't even have to be on a certain thread and I'm still getting talked about and served in giant martini glasses haha. :lol:
Fairytales are more than true: not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -Neil Gaiman
Gannon
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Colleen McCullough
Favorite Book: Pillars of the Earth
Currently Reading: Heaven's Net is Wide.
Bookshelf Size: 52
fav_author_id: 2863

Post by Gannon »

Ahhh, a double rum and coke please my good man. Very generous of you to shout us all like this Cheers. :D
Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless. - Mother Teresa
C0ldf1re

Post by C0ldf1re »

Glass of rum and coke for Gannon, and a bathful of martini for Laci. Enjoy! :D
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

C0ldf1re .... wake up, I know we're in a recession & things are quiet but the landlord nodding off over the Sunday papers :oops: isn't going to help. :shock:
You got to get out there & promote your business.
Come on buddy, cheer up, a large Vodka/Tonic for me & have one with me .... we can kick around a few ideas to get this place buzzing again :wink:
We fade away, but vivid in our eyes
A world is born again that never dies.
- My Home by Clive James
C0ldf1re

Post by C0ldf1re »

Fran wrote: C0ldf1re .... wake up, I know we're in a recession & things are quiet but the landlord nodding off over the Sunday papers :oops: isn't going to help. :shock:...
Wasn't nodding off, dear! There's another forum that I moderate. Some cheeky blighters at another forum had plagiarized our content. I did my lawyer act, and got them to remove it. My forum got a good deal out of that! Just give me a Moderator badge, and they get a free lawyer, who works on a Sunday too! :)
Fran wrote: ... Come on buddy, cheer up, a large Vodka/Tonic for me & have one with me ....
Coming right up, Fran. I'm drinking Irish coffee, thanks, dear. Irish coffee contains all 4 major food groups: caffeine, cream, sugar, and alcohol! :wink:
Fran wrote: ... we can kick around a few ideas to get this place buzzing again :wink:
If (and I only say "if", and a big "if" at that!), I could persuade a major author to do a short exclusive interview on, "My Secrets to Writing a Best-Seller", could you mail-drop all our 24,000+ members about the post?

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”