What Drives You?

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Kate_But_Not_Kaitlyn
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kate-but-not-kaitlyn.html
Latest Review: Letters to Sis by CW3 Cesare Giannetti, US Army (Ret)

What Drives You?

Post by Kate_But_Not_Kaitlyn »

What drives you in life? What makes you get out of bed every day and keep pushing?

For me it's making an impact and educating those around me. In high school I was incredibly passionate about my social science research projects. (It's a research project where you collect data from the public) The ability to gather the data and compile it into a project that I could then present to educate others really made me feel alive. (Plus the getting to travel to presentations was pretty cool ngl)

Now as an adult I get small opportunities to experience that again through social media. I had a post hit 1,900 likes and I was able to have discussions with people about politics and I made an impact. 125,000 people saw that tweet. That's 125,000 people now thinking about something that affects all of us. That excites me.

I'm Journalism major in college and I'm so excited for the day that I get to be out there informing the public through my writing.
maggi3
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maggi3.html
Latest Review: Paper Doll by Caitlin Strommen

Post by maggi3 »

For me, it's my desire to see change in the world. I'll be going to college in the fall (English major, minor in Psychology and LGBT studies), and I'm not exactly sure what I want to do after that, but I know I want to make the world a safer and better place for the LGBTQ+ community. That passion motivates me to work hard for my dreams. I agree that educating others is extremely important, because that's the only way change can happen.
Pronouns: they/them

:gay-rainbow:
Nisha Ward
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Garth Nix
Favorite Book: Binti Home
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 321
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-ward.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer
Reading Device: B0794RHPZD
fav_author_id: 4351

Post by Nisha Ward »

The search for knowledge is my driving passion. I don't really need much more in life than that.
"...while a book has got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the reader it's got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the writer as well." - Terry Pratchett on The Last Continent and his writing.
Kate_But_Not_Kaitlyn
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kate-but-not-kaitlyn.html
Latest Review: Letters to Sis by CW3 Cesare Giannetti, US Army (Ret)

Post by Kate_But_Not_Kaitlyn »

maggi3 wrote: 16 Jul 2019, 20:08 For me, it's my desire to see change in the world. I'll be going to college in the fall (English major, minor in Psychology and LGBT studies), and I'm not exactly sure what I want to do after that, but I know I want to make the world a safer and better place for the LGBTQ+ community. That passion motivates me to work hard for my dreams. I agree that educating others is extremely important, because that's the only way change can happen.
Ooo what college are you going to? I actually considered taking an English major my senior year before I settled on Journalism. Additionally, I agree that's a very good cause to be behind especially in this day and age.
Khupelsang1
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Khupelsang1 »

for me ,i was brought up in orphanage children home,i must become someone so that atleast i might be able to help other who are orphan
maggi3
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maggi3.html
Latest Review: Paper Doll by Caitlin Strommen

Post by maggi3 »

Ooo what college are you going to? I actually considered taking an English major my senior year before I settled on Journalism. Additionally, I agree that's a very good cause to be behind especially in this day and age.
Northern Illinois University :D
Pronouns: they/them

:gay-rainbow:
rssllue
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading: A Year with C. S. Lewis
Bookshelf Size: 602
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rssllue.html
Latest Review: My Personal Desert Storm by Marcus Johnson
fav_author_id: 2881

Post by rssllue »

To follow God and try to show love to everybody, even those who disagree with me or even hate me. It's not easy at times but it is His will, and therefore His way!
~ occupare fati suffocavit

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. ~ Psalms 4:8
glubglub200
Currently Reading: The Giver
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-glubglub200.html
Latest Review: Mr. Germ by Itzel Machado

Post by glubglub200 »

Usually the fact that I have to make money to have a life gets me out of bed in the morning. But my more optimistic answer is that one day I will retire with money and a small home with a big yard and I'll be able to just cuddle with my now boyfriend, but hopefully future husband, and do whatever we want to have fun without the bummer of working. My more logical answer is being able to learn however much I can and one day be that old person full of wisdom that people come to for advice.

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”