You used to be the only thing that made sense. Now nothing does.

Use this forum to post poetry that you have written. This is for getting comments and constructive feedback. This is for original, creative works. You must post the actual text, no links. Only one poem per topic please.
ncoard
Bookshelf Size: 0

You used to be the only thing that made sense. Now nothing does.

Post by ncoard »

This limbo is driving me crazy. There’s this girl, you see. And I love her. I do. I love her in that once in a lifetime kind of way. In the I’ll break if I lose you kind of way.

There’s this girl and she’s like sand slipping through my fingers, I’m trying to grasp at the grains but she keeps on falling. But it’s not for me. Not anymore.

This wasn’t how the story was supposed to go. No one was supposed to get hurt. She was supposed to be the last love. She promised me she would be.

But what happens when that girl doesn’t want me anymore? Not in the way I want her to. Not in the way I need her to. She swears she gives me everything she has. But it’s not enough. Does this make me the selfish one? Does this make her the coward?

No one ever gave me a rule-book on love. No one ever warned me how many nights I’d go without sleep listening to playlists she made me.

This isn’t an eighties movie. The story doesn’t end with a kiss on the lips, with a fist thrust into the air, with a song playing from that stupid stereo.

The story just ends with a shotgun to the throat. With her hand on the trigger but her eyes closed so tight. Like she doesn’t know it’s her finger tugging on it. Like she doesn’t understand that this is going to kill me.

That she’s going to be the death of me.

Why am I gripping so tight to someone I pushed away? Why couldn’t she just love me enough? Why couldn’t she just drop the gun and hold me?
AlexaRegina
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexaregina.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by AlexaRegina »

This is amazing! You managed to make me feel how you feel on this one.

Return to “Creative Original Works: Poetry”