The story begins to end.

Use this forum to post poetry that you have written. This is for getting comments and constructive feedback. This is for original, creative works. You must post the actual text, no links. Only one poem per topic please.
ncoard
Bookshelf Size: 0

Icon The story begins to end.

Post by ncoard »

What happened to forever, baby? What happened to the promises of a time far away from now where we’d be together, wrapped up in blankets, watching movies in a place we could call our own? What happened to the ‘I love you’s, baby? What happened to all the love?

Were the words always just words? Prove me wrong. Please. I’m on my knees begging for you to tell me I’m wrong with actions rather than words. I’m so tired of words. Because sometimes they’re nice — but they’re not the right ones, not the ones to make me stay.

Can’t you see what you need to say? Why isn’t it so clear to you? I can’t tell you. Then they would just be words. I’m not making sense, am I? I’m trying, baby.

But you’ve left my head spinning, you’ve left the whole world turning so quickly I’m losing my footing. You just had to pull the rug out, didn’t you? You had to break the illusion. You had to make me realise the truth. God, couldn’t you have just pretended a little while longer?

Maybe it’s better this way. Maybe it’s better to let you go now. Maybe it’ll save me further heartbreak. Maybe this heartbreak will kill me anyway.
Billy Bookmark
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Billy Bookmark »

Well it did inspire a good poem
Areej Tahir
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-areej-tahir.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty

Post by Areej Tahir »

this poem is so good, kudos to the writer!❤
Tobewankenobe
Currently Reading: Voulhire
Bookshelf Size: 58

Post by Tobewankenobe »

All these love poems are giving me a heartache.

Return to “Creative Original Works: Poetry”