Growth by Ajoke-Ade

Use this forum to post poetry that you have written. This is for getting comments and constructive feedback. This is for original, creative works. You must post the actual text, no links. Only one poem per topic please.
Ajoke-Ade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajoke-ade.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Growth by Ajoke-Ade

Post by Ajoke-Ade »

Here is something have been working on,would appreciate the feedbacks,thanks.

She walked towards me with face like a colour palette,all in an attempt to cover up the frames her youthfulness, little did she know that the wrinkles, responsibility and stress of adulthood would rather be delayed by those who are closer to it,that the dresses and costumes do not equal the grace that comes with nature's natural routine.

Dear "I want to grow up ",remember that adulthood is not for trial, it is a collection of childhood pains and gains moulded over time to create your own individual uniqueness.

That your mistakes while in a hurry would not be forgiven and even the so called adults would give everything to be as young as you!.
DATo
Previous Member of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by DATo »

It is a very interesting theme for a poem and one which I do not believe I have seen before. Something you might work into it is the fact that today so many people employ cosmetic surgery in an attempt to go the other direction - to artificially erase their age and wrinkles. The results, if you have seen celebrities who have done this, displays a hideous mannequin-like appearance as if nature is mocking those who would deny the natural dictates of the aging process. And when young people try to appear older in appearance they are often betrayed by their extravagant attempts at mature behavior much like some gay men whose over-the-top effeminate posturing results in something laughable.
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright
Ajoke-Ade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajoke-ade.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by Ajoke-Ade »

Exactly!, no one seems to be projecting self image any more we all want to be forever young, while the kids can't wait to grow up fast, how ironic! 😁

Return to “Creative Original Works: Poetry”