And My Thoughts Burn My Soul

Use this forum to post poetry that you have written. This is for getting comments and constructive feedback. This is for original, creative works. You must post the actual text, no links. Only one poem per topic please.
ladyreck
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by ladyreck »

It is in the wind. The taste of madness…the touch of insanity.
Chaos will conquer peace, and peace will dissolve like dust riding the breeze.
A forfeited life. Surrender to none yet conquered by all. The contradiction of the stumble before the fall.
A maze of intricate webs shadowing the eerie darkness. As an errant youth swallowing the destiny of rage.

Run. I think to escape the haunting I know will come, but I cannot.
Aye and I muddled my way through the storm in search of the calm.
I cannot breathe. The forces of nature capture me. I fought the balance. A lifetime ago it seemed.
Conjuring mercy in a nightmarish dream.

Childhood. A tumble down the hill. The greenest of grass shielding a skinned knee.
Fare thee well my dreams; an instance of reality. Soften the moon, harken the sea.
If I slept, waking on the morrow would change nothing. My senses rob me of the peace to come.
A nobody. A shadow fading in a sea of nothingness.

© Cynthia Clark
sarahmarlowe
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: One Second After
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 191
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarahmarlowe.html
Latest Review: The best therapy by Jim LaPierre LCSW, CCS
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by sarahmarlowe »

Whew! What a deep read!

First of all, I love the imagery. You do a very good job painting pictures with your verse. I love the imagery in the first line. My favorite is the entire third stanza. "The greenest of grass shielding a skinned knee" is not only a good use of imagery, but I also see it as a metaphor for the social masks we wear as we try to cover our emotional hurts and our mental pain.

I do wonder why childhood is the last stanza instead of the first, especially with the mention of "errant youth" in the first stanza.

Very enjoyable poem. Keep putting your thoughts on paper!
sarahmarlowe
You can spend your time however you want, but you can spend it only once. :eusa-think:

Return to “Creative Original Works: Poetry”