Your Whisper in the Wind

Use this forum to post poetry that you have written. This is for getting comments and constructive feedback. This is for original, creative works. You must post the actual text, no links. Only one poem per topic please.
Taraf22
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14

Your Whisper in the Wind

Post by Taraf22 »

Sitting in my room
Wondering about the when,where, and how
That lead to the classic what do I want to do
Then I started reminiscing once upon a yesterday
Got myself thinking, and missing everything that once was
Just like today, will soon be gone n tuked away
Another memory closer to your unknown death day.
Never forget R.I.P to the ones that went..
On to the other side,
Their last life event.

I miss you now, forget you never, thank you for the memories, I'll cherish forever.

Physically gone but close by watching, as each day goes by finding myself more aimlessly walking.

A year goes on with only your memory,
I'm sitting outside, holding your picture
I start to cry, your what I'm missing
A gust of wind blows, I hear your voice as a whisper.
I catch myself smiling, because for a second I felt you and now I know your never to far when I need to feel your soul by me
Now until Forever
DATo
Previous Member of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by DATo »

This is a very solid and powerfully emotive poem. I like it very much. It reminds me of the voice in Edna St. Vincent Millay's poem Lament - closure, unrequited resignation and unbearable acceptance.

Taraf122,
Sometimes, our pain is very deep and real, and we stand before her very silent, because there is no language for our pain, only a moan. Night’s heart is full of pity for us: she cannot ease our aching; she takes our hand in hers, and the little world grows very small and very far away beneath us, and, borne on her dark wings, we pass for a moment into a mightier Presence than her own, and in the wondrous light of that great Presence, all human life lies like a book before us, and we know that Pain and Sorrow are but the angels of God. Only those who have worn the crown of suffering can look upon that wondrous light; and they, when they return, may not speak of it, or tell the mystery they know. - Jerome K. Jerome
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright

Return to “Creative Original Works: Poetry”