The Sunrise

Use this forum to post poetry that you have written. This is for getting comments and constructive feedback. This is for original, creative works. You must post the actual text, no links. Only one poem per topic please.
thisgirl818
Bookshelf Size: 0

The Sunrise

Post by thisgirl818 »

I woke up with tears in my eyes, I must've been dreaming of you again. I crept in the darkness trying to find the light switch, where was I again? I let out a bitter smile. Where am I without you?

I hear a manly groan as I turned on the lights. I became aware of my nakedness but I wasn't ashamed. Well probably not anymore. I was innocent when he had me. Julian. I stop reminiscing when the man on the bed moved towards me. His deep obsidian eyes fixated on me, as if I was a prey. I thought he was going to pounce on me but instead a warm fabric touched my back. He covered me like he wanted to hug me affectionately.

"Has it always been like this?" He asked looking straight into me. I kept quiet, escaping his touch and slowly heading towards the window. The sky was on fire. The colours dancing along with the fire as the stars seem to disappear. The sunrise.

"I've never seen the sunrise before." I said, still looking through the window.

"He was always my sunset. My fire. And as the sun went down, so did he. I've been living in the night ever since."

The man looked at me with sadness in his eyes. Sadness, I'll never understand. I have tainted myself more than anybody else could ever do. I used to be ashamed but then I realized there was nothing left anyway.
palilogy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-palilogy.html
Latest Review: Mistress Suffragette by Diana Forbes

Post by palilogy »

Hmmm I think there is intrigue and great possibility here - wanting to know more about the speaker and "I have tainted myself more than anybody else could ever do." - there is the focus.

Return to “Creative Original Works: Poetry”