My own Poetry

Use this forum to post poetry that you have written. This is for getting comments and constructive feedback. This is for original, creative works. You must post the actual text, no links. Only one poem per topic please.
AtomMud
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 15

My own Poetry

Post by AtomMud »

Sitting all alone in my room. I don't know what to do. How long before the flowers bloom? I haven't got a clue. Bummed out by the thought of doom. As everything fades to blue. Funny how things turned out this way. I'm lost and all alone this is true. What if I don't want to be found? I would rather start over all new. wash away all the discontent. No more anger and pain. not that any one would know what I have been through. You say you missed me. Well I never thought of you. When such a catastrophe is inevitable. There would be no point in hiding that you are thinking. There has to be some way out of here. Stalking through the dark corridors endlessly sliding on and on. When will this madness end? I can't begin to fathom when. So I wont pretend...
AbigailMaddie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by AbigailMaddie »

This piece of poetry is quite good, but could use more detail. Maybe make the lines slightly longer and to me there are two things going on in this poem. Depression and someone that is a rather unsettling to you. Happy Writing:)
syniztrsam

Post by syniztrsam »

Masked
Waking up I start my day,
Putting on my first mask to keep the demons at bay.
Walking out the door, with my second mask in hand,
Just in case, cuz you just never know the demand.
With a smile on my face, I stop to get an espresso, this mask is already starting to crack,
As the girl hands me my twelve cups of coffee in one shot, she smiles back.
"How are you today?" she politely asks.
I stave back my mental break to slip on another mask.
My eyes tell her that I'm broken inside, as my lips move to say, "I'm still alive."
My day continues in a constant dress rehearsal.
And the masks I wear to protect them, protect me, from the stares of the ever fearful reversal.
Where my masks are torn off to reveal the frightened child that I am inside,
But thankfully, it didn't happen and I still have my masks from behind which I hide.
Written
By the world's greatest unknown poet
S. E. Dixon
colneriahmunge

Post by colneriahmunge »

this poetry is fine .
ukwe emmanuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by ukwe emmanuel »

this poem is good, is talking for, as a human begin you most have challenges and you need to over come it by knowing your responsibility's and do them at a right time.
SagePoetica

Post by SagePoetica »

syniztrsam wrote: 03 May 2018, 21:15 Masked
Waking up I start my day,
Putting on my first mask to keep the demons at bay.
Walking out the door, with my second mask in hand,
Just in case, cuz you just never know the demand.
With a smile on my face, I stop to get an espresso, this mask is already starting to crack,
As the girl hands me my twelve cups of coffee in one shot, she smiles back.
"How are you today?" she politely asks.
I stave back my mental break to slip on another mask.
My eyes tell her that I'm broken inside, as my lips move to say, "I'm still alive."
My day continues in a constant dress rehearsal.
And the masks I wear to protect them, protect me, from the stares of the ever fearful reversal.
Where my masks are torn off to reveal the frightened child that I am inside,
But thankfully, it didn't happen and I still have my masks from behind which I hide.
Written
By the world's greatest unknown poet
S. E. Dixon

this is deep wow

Return to “Creative Original Works: Poetry”