The End

Use this forum to post poetry that you have written. This is for getting comments and constructive feedback. This is for original, creative works. You must post the actual text, no links. Only one poem per topic please.
thisgirl818
Bookshelf Size: 0

The End

Post by thisgirl818 »

I've always wanted to tell the tale
The story of you and me
And how we ended apart
When it failed and you left me
Standing, staring helplessly
You even asked me twice
"Come home with me?"
But I stubbornly, firmly said no
"I don't have a home, not anymore."
How could I let myself love you
When from the start you said
you would leave in the end
and so my love, on that helpless night
that was the end.
Libs_Books
Favorite Book: The year of the flood
Currently Reading: Mason Dixon
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-libs-books.html
Latest Review: Dont Panic Its Organic by Dr. Andy Lopez

Post by Libs_Books »

I really like this - there's a sense of a whole back story there - we don't need to know it all, it's just that it's there.
lbhatters
Favorite Book: Life is Too Short to Waste and Do Nothing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lbhatters.html
Latest Review: Life is to Short to Waste and do Nothing by Gracie Curry Holman
Reading Device: B077WTB2LY

Post by lbhatters »

I think back on my life at 53. I'm single. I stopped dating about ten years ago when I wanted to talk with my boyfriend about a breakup and went to his home only for him to call police on No Trespassing. Funny thing was that I didn't go there to bother him but just to talk. I never hurt him or threaten him. I was going there because it was where I had been welcomed even though we had only dated about three months. But I thought our relationship had grown to where I was accepted there.

I was affected by that experience, deeply, as you can see. In my family, we never involved police with anything. I never saw friends call police or never had police come to my neighborhood. I would never call police on anything. I never saw a gun in my life. So I was forever changed by this encounter.

In fact, my case was the opposite of this one. He had told me he would NOT leave me. It was a lie.

Funny it is that the guys in my life complained how the girls they dated are crazy, emotional. Did they really not remember they made promises? Of course they got shaken up at a breakup.

It was natural for me to go talk to him after a breakup that surprised me. I'm not sure what could have surprised him that I was just going to go to the place I believed I had been welcomed for months.
:techie-studyinggray: Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.
-Fransis of Assisi

It's perfectly ok to write garbage, as long as you edit brilliantly.
-C.J. Cherryh

Return to “Creative Original Works: Poetry”