Strength

Use this forum to post poetry that you have written. This is for getting comments and constructive feedback. This is for original, creative works. You must post the actual text, no links. Only one poem per topic please.
kbillard43
Currently Reading: Who Told You That You Were Naked?
Bookshelf Size: 17

Strength

Post by kbillard43 »

Strength
Strength is reaching down into the dark recesses of my soul, raising and lifting the voice that has been buried for years and acknowledging and validating my truth.

Strength is projecting my voice loud enough for all those who have hurt and abused me to hear the words, "You did NOT win! I am still here and I am breaking free of the shackles of silence that have kept me prisoner."

Strength is knowing that not only have I survived, but now I thrive.

Strength is raising one foot and placing it in front of the other; sometimes stumbling, but always moving forward.

Strength is crawling out of the darkness, looking at life and saying, "I choose you."

Strength is standing in front of the mirror, looking at my reflection and saying, "Above all else, I choose me."

Kara Billard
S_1991
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by S_1991 »

Soulful and empowering.
qsusan
Favorite Book: Reaper Man
Currently Reading: Gone Girl
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-qsusan.html
Latest Review: The God Debate - Dawkins in Denial by Terry Higham

Post by qsusan »

I like the messsge though I think the poem itself could be better presented. As a piece of writing it stirs the emotion but a poem should give weight to every word and every phrase. Kudos.
Tbunde5
Favorite Book: A Column of Fire
Currently Reading: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tbunde5.html
Latest Review: Kamel by Charles J Haubner III

Post by Tbunde5 »

qsusan wrote: 08 Apr 2018, 14:47 I like the messsge though I think the poem itself could be better presented. As a piece of writing it stirs the emotion but a poem should give weight to every word and every phrase. Kudos.
I disagree. I think the poetry is in the repetition- each stanza starts with “Strength”. It’s as if the author is building up strength with each verse. I like it.

Return to “Creative Original Works: Poetry”