A Pillar Of Salt For You

Use this forum to post poetry that you have written. This is for getting comments and constructive feedback. This is for original, creative works. You must post the actual text, no links. Only one poem per topic please.
geoffrey ngoima
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-geoffrey-ngoima.html
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
Reading Device: B00UB76290

A Pillar Of Salt For You

Post by geoffrey ngoima »

A Pillar Of Salt For You

Grey days ahead- the bag is on my back,
Uncertain stares- strange, distant, blank;
Always with you I did not know what to do,
But I won't turn around- a pillar of salt for you.

The reminiscing wind is rewinding
This taped record of lost love, halting
My feet for a while- a minute or two,
Though I won't turn around- a pillar of salt for you.

I am not alone- hear the debris breathe,
Then gasp, grasp, as I cross the bridge.
Only carcasses behind, nothing to go back to,
I cannot turn around- a pillar of salt for you.

*From My Old Poems Collections
To posit that the war brings us closer to faith is a sleight of hand that makes fools of us all. "There Are Only Atheists in Fox Holes"~ Michael Carson
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
aflynn
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by aflynn »

Honestly this is really nice, it brings about an imagery of bittersweet nostalgia for difficult relationships and the hesitant feeling we have when leaving said relationships. I also enjoy the feeling of " I'm sticking to my gut and mind and leaving, there is nothing beneficial left for me to go back to", which is a beautiful foundation of the self confidence we should aspire to when leaving the toxic people in our life. I really enjoyed the lines " I am no alone, here the debris breathe", and " only carcasses behind, nothing left to go back to you". I also like the use of a salt pillar in this, since salt is commonly used to ward off negative influences and energies. Overall lovely job!
geoffrey ngoima

aflynn wrote:Honestly this is really nice, it brings about an imagery of bittersweet nostalgia for difficult relationships and the hesitant feeling we have when leaving said relationships. I also enjoy the feeling of " I'm sticking to my gut and mind and leaving, there is nothing beneficial left for me to go back to", which is a beautiful foundation of the self confidence we should aspire to when leaving the toxic people in our life. I really enjoyed the lines " I am no alone, here the debris breathe", and " only carcasses behind, nothing left to go back to you". I also like the use of a salt pillar in this, since salt is commonly used to ward off negative influences and energies. Overall lovely job!
Thank you, Aflynn!
I didn't even know that about salt :) I was thinking about Lot's wife when I wrote that, still clinging to the past/things left behind that ended her/turned her into something, bad...
Nway it was a long time ago...
To posit that the war brings us closer to faith is a sleight of hand that makes fools of us all. "There Are Only Atheists in Fox Holes"~ Michael Carson
juliusotinyo
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliusotinyo.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by juliusotinyo »

Poetry...mayne! Told you, you are more skilled in writing. Kenyan high schools nearly killed me with these things. I could only get the first paragraph...OK, maybe just the rhymes!
geoffrey ngoima

juliusotinyo wrote:Poetry...mayne! Told you, you are more skilled in writing. Kenyan high schools nearly killed me with these things. I could only get the first paragraph...OK, maybe just the rhymes!
Haha, waw, such a prestigious school, ..I was mostly average in school..thank you, JO, this was a long long time ago. Maybe in the future when the universe allows/I'll ready everything & continue with my novel/poems
juliusotinyo
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliusotinyo.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by juliusotinyo »

At least I have my almanacs...
geoffrey ngoima

juliusotinyo wrote:At least I have my almanacs...
Haha, I guess we all have our almanacs, ...

Return to “Creative Original Works: Poetry”