Too Late

Use this forum to post poetry that you have written. This is for getting comments and constructive feedback. This is for original, creative works. You must post the actual text, no links. Only one poem per topic please.
Jenna Camille
Bookshelf Size: 0

Too Late

Post by Jenna Camille »

Shyly, carefully,
I make a wrong move around the both of you.
Ashamed and lonely.
Under a new moon, drown in the dreary and embarrassed dusk,
just a minute away from complete darkness.
The truth is right in front of my face,
but I ignore it and choose to not see.
You, so close but out of reach.
My heart rushes angrily,
my mind violently.
Only a week earlier and it wouldn't have been so wrong to say.
She betrayed me unknowingly.
It is hard to look at you.
FireFairy
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... d=20590">A Court of Thorns and Roses</a>
Currently Reading: Deity
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-firefairy.html
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by FireFairy »

I loved your poem! Okay, I could be completely wrong, but this is what I thought the story was. It's you and two other friends and you like one of your friends more than a friend, but you discover this friend actually likes the third friend and the third friend in turn likes the second friend. So, the third and second friend get together leaving you alone, and now unable to confess your true feelings. If I'm not completely off the mark, I think your poem has a great concept. The poem is extremely relatable, as this is a problem I'm sure more than one person has had to experience. If you're like me and base your poems off of real life then I wish you the best in your situation. I hope you find an awesome person to call your own! :)

Return to “Creative Original Works: Poetry”