An Unexpected Visit

Use this forum to post poetry that you have written. This is for getting comments and constructive feedback. This is for original, creative works. You must post the actual text, no links. Only one poem per topic please.
Serena_Charlotte
Favorite Author: Neal Shusterman
Currently Reading: The Heads of Cerberus
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-serena-charlotte.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman
fav_author_id: 2788

An Unexpected Visit

Post by Serena_Charlotte »

Have you ever wondered how devastated you would be if you told your father you hated him right before he enlisted in the army and was pronounced missing a few weeks later? I wish I could go back and change everything but I was forced to remain in the present. At this moment, I'm looking out of my bedroom window in a ramshackled two-story bungalow that my mom is renting from a freind until she has money to get us a house. It has been three months since we lost dad. A split second before I decided to get up to go help my mom fix dinner, I noticed a man with a long trench coat and a pirate-looking hat limp up to our front door then stumble a few steps back. I raced to the front door to get a better look and then I saw it. I saw that playful grin. Could it be? Am I dreaming? I pinched myself hard on the shoulder and winced. Then my heart dropped like the bomb in Hiroshima as I flung open the heavy door and stared into his warm, loving blue eyes. It couldn't be!
Where is the line between insanity and creativity?
Is the reality of the world different from how we perceive and experience it in our minds? Does physical reality exist apart from the human mind?
Akosua +
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Akosua + »

Can poetry be in this form?
thaservices1
Favorite Book: Nightlord: Sunset
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thaservices1.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by thaservices1 »

Akosua + wrote: 29 May 2018, 12:04 Can poetry be in this form?
Poetry has endless definitions.
"It is not the critic that counts..."
- Roosevelt

Return to “Creative Original Works: Poetry”