- Posts: 78
- Joined: 07 Jun 2015, 23:45
- Bookshelf Size: 27
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmers00.html
- Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon
This is a poem inspired by the last page of The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
People fear people with gases and guns.
People fear people who make others run.
I fear nothing, one thing at most
not death (ha)
not even their ghosts.
When the colors fade,
and I’m back to business,
I see them all laughing,
I see they’ll all miss this,
the life that they live,
the people within,
people who are saints,
people who sin.
The people who read, in basement’s with fathers,
the people who steal from Nazi’s, from farmers,
the people who love in spite of the rest,
these people they haunt me,
and I am Death.
- Posts: 22
- Joined: 18 May 2018, 09:12
- Bookshelf Size: 0
- Posts: 282
- Joined: 21 Apr 2018, 22:22
- 2018 Reading Goal: 50
- 2018 Reading Goal Completion: 44
- Currently Reading:
- Bookshelf Size: 29
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thaservices1.html
- Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley
- Location: USA