The Strength of the Earth / The Lights of the Sky

Use this forum to post poetry that you have written. This is for getting comments and constructive feedback. This is for original, creative works. You must post the actual text, no links. Only one poem per topic please.
Samwisekoop
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samwisekoop.html
Latest Review: Perfection and Other Illusive Things by J Mercer

The Strength of the Earth / The Lights of the Sky

Post by Samwisekoop »

May heartache make you strong
May love find you one your journey long
May the stars dry you every tear
May the flowers bloom all the year
May courage guide every step.

May light shine in the darkest corner
May the hope of dawn follow you o'er every border
May your heart not fall idle
May you break the cage with every mile
May love guide every step.
"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future." - Galadriel
Sumansona1344
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sumansona1344.html
Latest Review: Masters and Bastards by Christopher J. Penington

Post by Sumansona1344 »

Your poems are too good. I think the rhyming does not match in the second amd third last lines - ".....fall idle" and "....every mile". I am not sure if I am right because I have no experience in this.
Samwisekoop
Currently Reading:

Post by Samwisekoop »

Yeah, it is...I think the third line is too long to match with the pattern of the second line...but...I just liked the lines so much I didn't want to change them! Haha! I think the actual words rhyme though...do they? Does this sound better...?
"May your heart never fall idle
May you break the cage with every mile."
Thanks for your kind words AND the advice! I am always in need of honest advice! Thanks! Tell me if it is better or unchanged. If you have a suggestion, don't be afraid to pitch it to me! Stay safe! (Trust me, I don't have much experience either. I'm winging it. Haha!)
ReyvrexQuestor Reyes
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 299
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reyvrexquestor-reyes.html
Latest Review: Journey by Lindsay Schuster
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by ReyvrexQuestor Reyes »

Samwisekoop wrote: 30 May 2020, 10:11 Yeah, it is...I think the third line is too long to match with the pattern of the second line...but...I just liked the lines so much I didn't want to change them! Haha! I think the actual words rhyme though...do they? Does this sound better...?
Thanks for your kind words AND the advice! I am always in need of honest advice! Thanks! Tell me if it is better or unchanged. If you have a suggestion, don't be afraid to pitch it to me! Stay safe! (Trust me, I don't have much experience either. I'm winging it. Haha!)
You are safe in this -- there is always free verse. What is important is the idea. You can express it any way it suits you. That is the beauty of poetry. In my case, I write in rhymes because I want to up the ante, as in a stake in the gambling table, making it more challenging. Maybe I'm just jaded on prose. Write on. And more power.
"In the beginning was the word.........John 1:1"
...To delineate the times that lovers miss,
...A thousand dreams can't beat a single kiss.

-reyvrex (Love Sonnet 107)
Samwisekoop
Currently Reading:

Post by Samwisekoop »

ReyvrexQuestor Reyes wrote: 10 Jun 2020, 21:28
Samwisekoop wrote: 30 May 2020, 10:11 Yeah, it is...I think the third line is too long to match with the pattern of the second line...but...I just liked the lines so much I didn't want to change them! Haha! I think the actual words rhyme though...do they? Does this sound better...?
You are safe in this -- there is always free verse. What is important is the idea. You can express it any way it suits you. That is the beauty of poetry. In my case, I write in rhymes because I want to up the ante, as in a stake in the gambling table, making it more challenging. Maybe I'm just jaded on prose. Write on. And more power.
Okay, thanks! Good point you made, though.

Return to “Creative Original Works: Poetry”