Dear Daughter

Use this forum to post poetry that you have written. This is for getting comments and constructive feedback. This is for original, creative works. You must post the actual text, no links. Only one poem per topic please.
Michaela101
Bookshelf Size: 0

Dear Daughter

Post by Michaela101 »

Dear my future daughter,
It's me your mother.
I've been thinking about you so much lately,
Wondering what your favorite color would be, or how much cereal you would like with your milk.

But honestly babygirl, I am sorry.
I am sorry that I birthed you into a world that is going to bend you, mend you, shape you and break you.
I am sorry I birthed you into a world where your body is going to be valued much more than your beautiful mind and soul.

But still babygirl,
I am working so hard,
Not just for me but for us.
For our life, I am really taking my time to find the man worthy of calling you his child.
With enough mental brawn to help me form you not just physically but, mentally and emotionally.
I am investing in you little girl, and your not even here yet.

You don't even know me yet, but I love you.
Sumansona1344
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sumansona1344.html
Latest Review: Masters and Bastards by Christopher J. Penington

Post by Sumansona1344 »

You put my thoughts into words. I can't even explain how relatable it is. Please do reply to this. I feel the same. I can't imagine the pain I would feel when she would cry due to period pain, when she would cry due to the judgemental society, when she would cry thinking that what a bad world this is, when she would cry that she would have to bear pain whole through her life at every step.

I am sorry my babygirl and I will comfort you everytime I can. I will make this world a better place for you. I will do everything which I wish someone would have done for me. I will make it a happy place for you. I can't wait to see you in pigtails. I can't wait to hear you say 'mommy'. I can't wait for us to do things together. I can't wait to meet you my love.
Sumansona1344
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sumansona1344.html
Latest Review: Masters and Bastards by Christopher J. Penington

Post by Sumansona1344 »

Michaela101 wrote: 04 Feb 2020, 23:12 Dear my future daughter,
It's me your mother.
I've been thinking about you so much lately,
Wondering what your favorite color would be, or how much cereal you would like with your milk.

But honestly babygirl, I am sorry.
I am sorry that I birthed you into a world that is going to bend you, mend you, shape you and break you.
I am sorry I birthed you into a world where your body is going to be valued much more than your beautiful mind and soul.

But still babygirl,
I am working so hard,
Not just for me but for us.
For our life, I am really taking my time to find the man worthy of calling you his child.
With enough mental brawn to help me form you not just physically but, mentally and emotionally.
I am investing in you little girl, and your not even here yet.

You don't even know me yet, but I love you.
Please check my above reply. I think you would like it. I wrote it crying.
Samwisekoop
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samwisekoop.html
Latest Review: Perfection and Other Illusive Things by J Mercer

Post by Samwisekoop »

This
is
amazing!!
It is so sweet and so true! Our future children are going to hurt, and we will hurt them. We will just want to keep them in a cocoon so they never get hurt! This poem is a perfect depiction of motherhood! I LOVE that this isn't from a mother's perspective though! It warms my heart to know that there are people out there who still want children! Thank you for this beautiful poem! It nearly had me in tears! You have really made an impact on how I feel about my future children.
"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future." - Galadriel
Avishi
Currently Reading: all body bags and no knickers
Bookshelf Size: 109
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avishi.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade
Reading Device: Pdf

Post by Avishi »

It was heartwarming to read. It shows how much a mother love her child even before they form. It was heartbreaking that how society changed now. I really liked the line'I am sorry that I birthed you into a world that is going to bend you, mend you, shape you and break you.' It was true. Great work👍

Return to “Creative Original Works: Poetry”