What Grace Means to Me

Use this forum to post poetry that you have written. This is for getting comments and constructive feedback. This is for original, creative works. You must post the actual text, no links. Only one poem per topic please.
ReyvrexQuestor Reyes
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 293
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reyvrexquestor-reyes.html
Latest Review: Journey by Lindsay Schuster
Reading Device: 1400697484

Re: What Grace Means to Me

Post by ReyvrexQuestor Reyes »

Splendid.
"In the beginning was the word.........John 1:1"
...To delineate the times that lovers miss,
...A thousand dreams can't beat a single kiss.

-reyvrex (Love Sonnet 107)
atiqah91
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atiqah91.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by atiqah91 »

To sum it up, one who masters the art of balance, will get the best of out of this world.
However, humans do make mistakes, and we are better because of it.
behrenst
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by behrenst »

Neha_S wrote: 15 Jan 2021, 00:12 Its a beautiful thought which you have penned down beautifully. But I feel something is not right with 2 phrases
1 to be kind but not dishonest
2 to treat your flesh as your temple but not your true self.
Please ignore if you still don't feel so as may be we have different thoughts relating to these lines

I think what it means by "kind but not dishonest" is that at times we can be dishonest in an attempt to be kind, like when you're polite or kind to someone but you really don't respect them or respect the choices they make, yet in order to be kind and not mean you don't say anything so you're being fake... Dishonest... And to treat your flesh like your temple but not your true self is saying we are more than just our flesh, what you see in the flesh isn't who we are.
EleniCotton

Post by EleniCotton »

Neha_S wrote: 15 Jan 2021, 00:12 Its a beautiful thought which you have penned down beautifully. But I feel something is not right with 2 phrases
1 to be kind but not dishonest
2 to treat your flesh as your temple but not your true self.
Please ignore if you still don't feel so as may be we have different thoughts relating to these lines
Can I come in please?
1 I also had a problem with this. Is it that we should try to be kind without having lie about anything.
2 This is a warning that it is good to care for our bodies but should bear in mind that they are destructible and that our true self is our soul/spirit which lasts for ever.
EleniCotton

Post by EleniCotton »

I was unexpectedly moved by this. Scott, you have managed to encapsulate timeless thoughts with today's ideas and perceptions. There is an unexpected spirituality which appeals to me enormously and, in this respect were not fearful that some might think it dated and not relevant to life as we live it today.
It is however, very relevant although demonstrating timeless principles.
Liked it very much indeed. Thank you.
Rakhi manish

Post by Rakhi manish »

Very nice poem this poem is true representation good and bad human emotions. It tells us about hope ,about trying to be good. It is hope of rising from ashes.
roqlugo

Post by roqlugo »

Some provocative, challenging and convicting thought. Also equally flighty and confusing. Worth re-reading for those deeper ideas.
Krishnajee100
Favorite Book: THE STORY OF MY LIFE
Currently Reading: Call Me by Your Name
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Krishnajee100 »

A very beautiful writing. I can relate to some lines and even feel them. Lots of applauses for the writer :).

Return to “Creative Original Works: Poetry”