THE IMPORTANCE OF INFORMATION MANAGEMENT

Use this forum to post short stories that you have written. This is for getting comments and constructive feedback. This is for original, creative works. You must post the actual text, no links.
Butch Acuna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-butch-acuna.html
Latest Review: Going Gone by Abraham Lopez
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Butch Acuna »

Today searching and transmitting information is very easy, convenient and economical. If these advanced technologies in communication were available over thirty years ago, I would not have been separated with the one and only love of my life.

After one a few years without any communication between us she decided to come back for a visit from America where she is working as nurse with the intention of giving our relationship another try. I have the same thing in my mind, but I cut my connection with my family and no one knows where I reside. Knowing that we are well known in our home town she simply sent me a telegram which the messenger gave to my sister who lives adjacent our ancestral home. My brother in law, a doctor saw me at downtown. Parking at the other side of the road he asked me instead of telling me if I " knew about it " referring to the telegram. Because I have an important meeting that day I thought he was referring to my meeting with the official who is also his friend so I said yes.

This lackadaisical delivery of a very important message destroyed my life, Vivian went back to America brokenhearted and got married to the first man who proposed to her. My brother in law might as well have killed me, it would have been more merciful.

For ten years I did nothing, untill the much publicized eruption of Mt. Pinatubo woke me, and with my second family, we rode along the flow of events and joined thousands of other dislocated residents from one evacuation center to another. Until we were invited to join over a hundred families who were relocated to the island province of Mindoro aboard a navy troop carrier. Aboard the ship a foundation official charged with providing livelihood opportunities for the relocatee noticed me and tipped off the media that I should be interviewed for TV broadcast nationwide, it was shown daily for several days as part of official information dissemination program of government.

From then on I performed several functions simultaneously for various agencies mainly documentation writing for national government, the German Development Service, the local government unit, settlers cooperative and a newspaper, I learned how important communication is, just two pages of a well written proposal can open the coffers to a beneficiary organization.

As I look back into the past I saw clearly why my career did not prosper I simply rode along with any opportunity and never concentrated on single career, building no permanent attachment with any employer, some LGU's include in their payroll while seeing me only during payday. I did even bother to apply for a pension fund, a very serious mistake. Unknown to anyone I spend most of my time thinking about her.

As I review the past it became clear how I could have solved problems for the benefit of all by simply managing information. Now it must be told, how we left behind a valuable treasure that lay with the volcanic debris.

Before we left our devastated hometown Chinese businessmen arrived and offered the remaining residents a livelihood by gathering " quartz " from the volcanic materials for which they paid for 1 U.S. dollar per kilo.

I realized our mistake now. I knew that the debris came from about fifty kilometers below where tremendous pressure and heat compress pure carbon into diamonds! The " quartz " are actually diamonds! All were gone in just a few months. And I knew it several years before the eruption!

Another grave mistake.
AM Francis
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by AM Francis »

"If these advanced technologies in communication were available over thirty years ago, I would not have been separated with the one and only love of my life"

It's not necessarily true, though you had the current technology and you still don't take every information significant, you will still end up loosing what you want, and do not relate every information to what you already know rather try to inquire more,
Your brother in-law had good news for you but you never took him serious.
Both the current and old technologies have their related challenges so it's upon you or me to persevere and like what you can access,
Even still today some people are not able to access social media and other plat-forms.

AM Francis, Thanks
Butch Acuna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-butch-acuna.html
Latest Review: Going Gone by Abraham Lopez
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Butch Acuna »

Thank you for contributing your views it's an important part of processing information.

Return to “Creative Original Works: Short Stories”