A TIME ONCE SPENT...

Use this forum to post short stories that you have written. This is for getting comments and constructive feedback. This is for original, creative works. You must post the actual text, no links.
Rhozel1
Bookshelf Size: 0

A TIME ONCE SPENT...

Post by Rhozel1 »

A TIME ONCE SPENT….

Somethings in life you can never change, no matter how hard you try. The scars will be there to constantly remind you of the memories you so badly want to forget. For every opportunity you have to live now, make it count. If I could ask for one last thing, it will be to live again, but what more time do I have, than to wait till death comes, Yedda said as she wiped the tears that trickled down. She was bent on making lasting impacts in the lives of young girls with every opportunity she had. This particular gathering was of young girls from a University down the road from where she lived.

And she continued…yes, I once was beautiful just like all of you, she smiled weakly. I believed I had it all, I had fame, I had money, I had all the guys, but I lacked one thing, Values, her voice cracked as she echoed the word.

I was a fresher in school, looking for fun and adventure, and I met Tammy, she was Asian. She was fun to be with, she taught me how to smoke and drink, took me out to night parties, introduced me to the first guy I slept with, it was so much fun and freedom I had never imagined existed. I loved it, I was beautiful and hot, known for the craziest dressed. Tammy taught me that to be the hottest girl on campus, I should be able to freely have any guy of my choice. That was the best I had ever heard, I didn’t have to wait for them to come, I had to hunt them myself, so I set off on a mission to greatness, Yedda laughed snidely. I believed it, because I wanted fame. I lost count of how many I used and dumped. I was reckless, I am an extremist, whatever I choose to do, I go the extra mile. I got careless a couple of times, and terminated them. I was having fun, nothing mattered to me. Then I got the contract to model for a brand, I was only 18 then, it was a big one for me. Of course my parents had nothing to say, I made it clear to them that it was my life.

I loved the circle of men that I met in my new career. They were rich, and famous, and powerful. I was intoxicated with the attention I got. They gave me the life I had always dreamed of in school. I had assurance of a good career after school, I had just a year more to go. I gave them what I knew they wanted, and they gave back to me what they thought I needed, and even much more. They gave me HIV. I thought it was a big joke, but look at me, I am just 28 years old, with full blown AIDS and have just about a year more to live. My life could have been longer, I would have had a good career, with beautiful kids and a lovely man by myside, but I traded it all for the pleasure that has brought me nothing but sorrow, guilt, fear, pain, regret and anger. These things are worthless, they can only appeal to your flesh, but time will tell that at the end of it all, you reap only the fruits from the seed sown. I sowed pretty bad ones, and the fruits from it, you all can see. You can live just once as a teenager, as a young adult, make the best of it, don’t end up like me. She let go as the tears flowed uncontrollably, she wished she indeed could turn back the hands of time, but time was spent….

The hall was tense, some cried out in pain, some, out of pity, while others bowed their head in shame, different emotions clouded the hall. At the back of the hall, seated was Naila. Her heart was heavy, she had listened. Not a single word was missed, she fought the tears, that struggled for freedom. It seemed her life in school was been narrated. She looked at Yedda and concluded she didn’t want to end up as miserable, as hopeless. She stood, and run out of the hall with a decision….
Dragonsend
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonsend.html
Latest Review: House of Eire by June Gillam

Post by Dragonsend »

Nicely done! The ending ,well done except it says run instead of ran. I did enjoy your story though.
The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance. 2 Peter 3:9 :angelic-grayflying:
mermaidshell83

Post by mermaidshell83 »

Lots of emotion there....brave emotion! Sounds like it was written from the heart, or at least based on some truth. She sounds sad, and bitter with regret, which is no way to live...or die. Definitely an emotional piece, I liked it I think. Good job!
DC Brown
Currently Reading: Sold on a Monday
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dc-brown.html
Latest Review: The Byrds of Victory by James Robert Campbell

Post by DC Brown »

mermaidshell83 wrote: 26 Apr 2019, 10:08 Lots of emotion there....brave emotion! Sounds like it was written from the heart, or at least based on some truth. She sounds sad, and bitter with regret, which is no way to live...or die. Definitely an emotional piece, I liked it I think. Good job!
I agree, a very emotional piece. What a smart girl to recognize the truth of the words she heard and to act on them!
Rhozel1

Post by Rhozel1 »

Dragonsend wrote: 16 Apr 2019, 20:05 Nicely done! The ending ,well done except it says run instead of ran. I did enjoy your story though.
Oh ran....noted. Thank you very much for reading.
Rhozel1

Post by Rhozel1 »

mermaidshell83 wrote: 26 Apr 2019, 10:08 Lots of emotion there....brave emotion! Sounds like it was written from the heart, or at least based on some truth. She sounds sad, and bitter with regret, which is no way to live...or die. Definitely an emotional piece, I liked it I think. Good job!
Lots of emotions there I know.... could picture everything I was writing. It’s sad, but that’s the state of many young people in the society we live in now. If only they will listen....
Thanks for reading.
Rhozel1

Post by Rhozel1 »

DC Brown wrote: 29 Apr 2019, 20:53
I agree, a very emotional piece. What a smart girl to recognize the truth of the words she heard and to act on them!
She was wise to act on the words she heard,but really, how many others will be bold enough to take that step? It’s sad.
Thanks for reading.
Dragonsend
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonsend.html
Latest Review: House of Eire by June Gillam

Post by Dragonsend »

Rhozel1 wrote: 20 Jun 2019, 08:50
Dragonsend wrote: 16 Apr 2019, 20:05 Nicely done! The ending ,well done except it says run instead of ran. I did enjoy your story though.
Oh ran....noted. Thank you very much for reading.
Your welcome! Write more :tiphat:
The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance. 2 Peter 3:9 :angelic-grayflying:

Return to “Creative Original Works: Short Stories”