BEYOND AND MORE

Use this forum to post short stories that you have written. This is for getting comments and constructive feedback. This is for original, creative works. You must post the actual text, no links.
Rhozel1
Bookshelf Size: 0

BEYOND AND MORE

Post by Rhozel1 »

BEYOND AND MORE

Garvin, I really can’t do this anymore, it hurt so much the last two times. You promised it wasn’t ever going to happen again. I know May, but it wasn’t intentional, you know you can’t keep it please, it will hurt both of us so much and destroy this beautiful thing we share. I love you deeply, and wouldn’t want to lose you to anything. You bring me so much joy, I can’t think of a day without you, I cease to exist without you, my life is a rainbow of beautiful colours because you’re in it. I don’t think we are both ready for the challenges that will come with you keeping it, please do this for us, this last time. And take my words, I’d be more careful hence forth. You’re beautiful, Garvin said as he gently pulled May to his side, planting a soft kiss on her fore head with such intensity in his eyes, all the butterflies in May’s tummy began to flicker without control. She loved Garvin so much, he was the sweetest she had ever met. Ok, I will do it, this last time, May responded. I will call Dr. Peters for an appointment then, he said as he took his leave.

School schedule had really been hectic, May thought to herself that night. She had a lot of catch up to do, been out of school for two weeks. She had felt pretty terrible after the procedure to remove the baby. She was grateful she had made it out, she had silently nursed her fears, thinking she wasn’t going to make it. She swore never to get herself to that point again, but Garvin had sacrificed his all for her. She understood it wasn’t too much to do for him, not after getting her the new car, and she knew he was planning a surprise for her 20th birthday and graduation ceremony. He had promised to sponsor her Masters. She loved him, she wasn’t ready to hurt his feelings. He was 10 years older and indeed knew how to take care of her. She had the admiration of her peers, she lacked absolutely nothing.

You look down, are you ok Bertha asked. Yes I’m great, just a bit concerned May responded. They had known each other from their first year of school, and had gotten extremely close. Same class, they were set to graduate in two months. Ok, tell me about it, Bertha drew close to listen to what her friend had to say. May took in a deep breath, as she looked Bertha straight in the eye. It’s that time of the month again, and I haven’t seen it. Seen what? Please don’t tell me it’s what I’m thinking. You just did 6 months ago May!! It’s not what I’m thinking right? It is Bertha, May whispered as she broke down. I don’t want to go through it again, I don’t have the strength to. I tried to stop Garvin, but he wouldn’t listen. He’s done so much for me Bertha, I just had to let him have his way. Its ok May, stop crying. Good thing is you guys are getting married in a year, you might as well keep this one. Just let Garvin see reasons with you, I doubt if he will disagree ok, cheer up girl, I wish it wasn’t so, but since it’s happened, let’s just hope for the best, Bertha said as she drew May into a big hug.

Here, I got this for you, Garvin smiled handing over the wrist watch he had gotten for her. I have something to tell you, he said. May heaved a big sigh, she wasn’t ready for a vacation with him, or a shopping spree, or a boat ride, she just wanted to tell him her fears, but she chose to let him go first. Ok, darling, I’m all ears.
She found out about us May, Garvin said. Found out what? Who? What are you talking about Garvin? May, I have a wife and a son in another country. They‘re coming back into town. I love you, but I’m committed to her and the child. We’ve been married for 4 years. I’m really sorry May, I wish I didn’t have to do this, but, I can’t see you again. You can have the car, but please don’t call me again, I’m sorry. The tears stung her eyes, her throat hurt, wait Garvin, you’re joking right, you can’t be serious. You just had a bad day, and I understand, just relax, let me get you a drink please.
No May, I don’t need a drink, I have to go. I will transfer some money for you ok, you’re going to be fine. You are smart, beautiful and success driven. Don’t worry, you’d meet someone better soon please, Garvin whispered as he headed for the door.
What about the wedding Garvin, but I’m preg….before she could finish her sentence, the door shut in her face.

She was devastated. Her legs began to gradually give in, the weight was too much for it to carry. May collapsed, hitting her head on the hard floor, and that was all she could remember....
TOUGH

Post by TOUGH »

Wow that was good
Rhozel1

Post by Rhozel1 »

TOUGH wrote: 02 Oct 2018, 08:07 Wow that was good
Thank you very much.🙏

Return to “Creative Original Works: Short Stories”