Faithfulness

Use this forum to post short stories that you have written. This is for getting comments and constructive feedback. This is for original, creative works. You must post the actual text, no links.
Heide18
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Faithfulness

Post by Heide18 »

There was once a rich man who had a servant who managed his property. The rich man was told that the manager was wasting his masters money so he called him in and said " what is this I hear abouy you? Turn in a complete account of your handling of my property because you cannot be my manager any longer" the servant said to himself " my master is going to dismiss me from my job. What shall i do? I am not strong enough to dig ditches and i am ashamed to beg. Now i know what will i do. Then when my job is gone i shall have friends who will welcome me in their homes. So he called in all the people who were in debt to his master. He asked the first one "how much do you owe my master? 100 barrels of olive oil he answered "here is your account the manager told him " sit down and write 50" then he asked another one And you how much do you owe ? " a thousand bushels of wheat he answered " here is your account the manager told him write 800. As a result the master of this dishonest manager praised him for doing such shrewd thing.

And so in this story we are being reminded that whoever is faithful in small matters will be faithful in large ones and whoever is dishonest in small matters will be dishonest in large ones.
tinadc
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by tinadc »

It shows me the reality in life...that it doesnt matter if you do big things or not...but the most important is the way you do it...whether in good or in bad ways...small matters make big sense...
Heide18
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Heide18 »

I have the idea of a people who does not value others but make more importance about what he all ever wanted. A person who is greedy that he almost forgot what is the sense of being respectful and honest.

Post by 0771 »

This story teaches about ones capabilities or abilities, there those who do are faithful with their ability and uses it to benefit oneself and the community in general.
Mask Man

Post by Mask Man »

This story teaches us a very important lesson of life that a man who is dishonest will never change and as the time passes he will become more dishoenest then ever

Return to “Creative Original Works: Short Stories”