The Spell

Use this forum to post short stories that you have written. This is for getting comments and constructive feedback. This is for original, creative works. You must post the actual text, no links.
Jennifer Fernandez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-fernandez.html
Latest Review: The Enemy In Me by Jacob Newell Campbell

The Spell

Post by Jennifer Fernandez »

Delilah ran across the aisles and stopped just before Macy’s entrance.
“I need to change back.” She mumbled to herself to take some strength. “I need to do this!” She started to take off her clothes in very quick motions. If she wanted to accomplish this, she needed to be fast and change before she was caught. The chill of the air conditioner caressed her hairy chest and a familiar pressure in her genitals reminded her one of her balls didn’t fit on her favorite thong. She tried to fix this but it was useless. Time was precious and the clock was ticking. Her hairy legs moved into the store and she could hear the gasps of horror and surprise coming from the people around her.

Delilah didn’t blame them. They were seeing a hideous chubby man with an extremely hairy body, tiny boobs made from fat and mostly naked except for a thong that was revealing one her balls. No one was really seeing her: Delilah. Beautiful Delilah. Delilah of the slim body and blond hair. Delilah of the fair skin smooth as a white rose. “They will see me soon.” She mumbled with a little giggle “I’ll make it. I will change back and retake my perfect life.” No more moving from town to town, no more hiding from her relatives. She would come back home after 20 years and hug her family and friends. She would again admire herself in the mirror for ours not able to conceive a creature more beautiful than her, so beautiful that she couldn’t believe she existed. Her friends would call her again to go out and have fun but maybe they had grown old for such adventures.

Twenty years had passed since the incident and she was now forty-five. She had lost almost half of her life in the hideous form of a man. What did it matter now? Delilah was taking her life back. If she accomplished to cross the Macy’s in Plaza Las Americas on a Sunday, she was going to regain her beautiful self. A dream told her this and she believed it. She believed it, like always. “This time it will work!” She almost screamed exhilarated.

But maybe faith or destiny or whatever took her into that cave had another plan. Two men wearing security uniforms seized her and started to say things she couldn’t hear. Her rage was blinding, deafening. No, this time it had to work and she would fight until she could do it. She roared and kicked and punched her way out of the guards but more kept coming. Delilah struggled fiercely trying to accomplish her purpose and she managed to get loose. Unfortunately, in her desperation, she smashed into something that looked a lot like crystal and the guards seized her again, this time, her hurt body couldn’t fight anymore.

Ruined, her life was ruined! She would never get out of the curse. As she was driven out to the nearest police station she tried to explain to the police her predicament. Maybe they would understand and let her finish what she started. She told them about how beautiful she really was and about how, one day, she found a cave near her house. She was curious and feeling adventurous, so she entered the cave to explore.

“I’ve always loved adventures,” she told the police “I… I just got in and somehow fell asleep. But when I woke up and got out, I was turned into this… this horrible sack of meat! Oh please! Pleaaaaase! Let me go back to Macy’s. I had this… dream you see. I always have dreams that tell me what to do to change back into myself. I’ve tried anything! Please!”

She sobbed for the rest of the time they spent in the police car. “I will never make it. I will never make it.” She repeated while she sobbed. Delilah had tried anything. At first, she thought it would pass away, like a bad dream. But, when this didn’t happen, she started to raise money to take some plastic surgery. Of course, this proved to be very difficult and she sank into despair. She hated being a man, on top of all, a hideous man. Nothing would save her, she knew, but one day she heard them. She heard the voices telling her she had fallen into a curse and a number of things she could do to break it. This voices could appear in a dream or while she was peeing or just at any time. She had done a lot of things because of these voices. She had tried to cut her penis but never accomplished it. They told her to eat a raw cat and she had done it but nothing happened. She had even tried to get into a sewer to drink its water for a year but again, nothing happened. The voice commanded her and she obeyed.

Going to Macy's had been the last commandment but now everything was ruin. She spent some days in jail while the cops tried to figure out what to do and all she did was cry and bang against the wall to end it all once and for all. Of course, this wasn’t working either. One day, the cops told Delilah her mother had come. Apparently, they had figured out who she was. Her mother gazed at her without any doubtful twinkle in her eyes. She even seemed relieved. This confused Delilah because she looked different now and her mother was just standing there without even asking who she was. She even addressed her normally. How could she know she was Delilah, her daughter? No one recognized her; she didn’t even recognize herself in the mirror. She was not the beautiful little girl that ran towards her mother’s arms. She was huge, hideous and a man. How could her mom know her? Had it worked? Had she changed now that her mom saw her? Was that everything she had to do to change back to her normal self: let her mother see her?

Delilah embraced her mother thanking her for changing her back. It had to be the maternal love, yes, it had to be! That was all she had ever needed all this time. Her mother stayed silent for a few moments her warm body shaking as she sobbed between Delilah’s arms. Delilah felt her mother’s tears on her skin and suddenly her mind started to sink in a strange fog. Her mother pushed her away and looked her in the eyes with tears drying on her wrinkles. Then, she uttered the most terrible words. The kind of words that made tempests, tidal waves, earthquakes, volcano eruptions, and tornados. These words seemed like a spell of black magic to Delilah.
“But darling, you were never a girl. You’ve always been my boy. But you went into the cave and you fell and hit your head. Somehow you started to believe you were a girl before. We’ve been through this many times! I always find you in police stations and I always tell you and when I bring you home you disappear again and forget about it! Daniel, I’m starting to think you do this on purpose!”
Daniel sank to his knees sobbing his mind filling up with fog as it sunk into the darkness of oblivion.
“I’m Delilah. I’m Delilah!”
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. - H.P. Lovecraft :techie-studyinggray:
Artifacs
Currently Reading: Escape
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Artifacs »

Amazing story with an unexpected final (I like that ones pretty much) The speel didn't change her really... It actually changed everyone else!!!

There's some good stories in this forum topic.
DATo
Previous Member of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by DATo »

Thank you Artifacts for reprising Jennifer's story. Somehow I missed it when it was first posted.

Very well done, Jenn. The story held my interest from start to finish. I sort of intuitively felt that there was going to be an amazing ending and there was. Loved the twist.

I also liked this line - Then, she uttered the most terrible words. The kind of words that made tempests, tidal waves, earthquakes, volcano eruptions, and tornados.

Nice writing style and good story .... five stars!
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright
Jennifer Fernandez
Currently Reading:

Artifacs wrote: 09 Sep 2018, 05:30 Amazing story with an unexpected final (I like that ones pretty much) The speel didn't change her really... It actually changed everyone else!!!

There's some good stories in this forum topic.
Thank you!
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. - H.P. Lovecraft :techie-studyinggray:
Jennifer Fernandez
Currently Reading:

DATo wrote: 09 Sep 2018, 06:30 Thank you Artifacts for reprising Jennifer's story. Somehow I missed it when it was first posted.

Very well done, Jenn. The story held my interest from start to finish. I sort of intuitively felt that there was going to be an amazing ending and there was. Loved the twist.

I also liked this line - Then, she uttered the most terrible words. The kind of words that made tempests, tidal waves, earthquakes, volcano eruptions, and tornados.

Nice writing style and good story .... five stars!
Thank you! I had a lot of fun writing this one.

Return to “Creative Original Works: Short Stories”