MY FIRST LOVER GIRL

Use this forum to post short stories that you have written. This is for getting comments and constructive feedback. This is for original, creative works. You must post the actual text, no links.
hansonuko
Currently Reading: The Girl On The Train
Bookshelf Size: 27

MY FIRST LOVER GIRL

Post by hansonuko »

The strings on the piano tuned a similar hymn I heard on the TV earlier before leaving the house. "Sing!" Someone echoed, the congregation obeyed. Though I had to rush out, I knew it was the regular Hour of Faith programme of the popular pastor, Akeem, about to be aired. I'm a regular viewer of the broadcast, but today, I had to rush to attend an invited service. And here, I met everyone standing. It was so much a coincident.

After the hymn, I sat on the third row of the middle column. The time was 10 a.m. I didn't like where the usher took me to, but I always obeyed them.

I didn't notice anyone around, until she tapped to hand her printed programme. 'Oh! Thanks!' I said with a nod. To me, anyone who gave the one thing she had was a very kind person. So she was in my thought. My focus was so much on the strange religious tradition someone performed on the pulpit. Everyone except me would respond to most of the recited performance. Everything were just dramatic. Maybe because that was my first visit.

Later, I noticed that the kind sister sat on my left. Now everyone were seated.

She looked at me such that it seemed we were familiar. The last time I had such experience was when I visited my sister after few years of being away. She would look at me again and again with an exclamation, " Wow! You're unbelievable!" I knew she was always too excited seeing me. But this time, it came from a stranger.

The stir started creating so much discomfort that I also retaliated with an undisrupted stirring to her face. I have forgotten where I was and what took me there.

"But, come to think of it, this girl is so beautiful, charming and damn irresistible. She has every looks I've always wanted in a woman... Light skinned, moderate height, neat, simple and just more than sweet to the eye, I think she likes me. Oh! Better! If she does, she'll be surprised to know that I love her so much." These were thoughts that ran through my mind soon.

I noticed, she would wear a soothing smile whenever our eyes plugged to each other. This time, it felt like the flames of love at first sight was already becoming a fiery furnace. I would also return the smiles.

I began to fall in love. Just waiting for the service to close for a talk. She knew I had sheepishly fallen for her charms. She deserved nothing less. Her action was practically, the joy of every single man who sees a pretty lady as her.

Considering her class, I was shy. But, I could speak well, so, I was confident I'd face her squarely to pour out my mind.

Surprisingly, while I went outside the auditorium after the service, she walked stunningly to my direction, stood right in front of me. Looked right in my face for about a minute without a word. Just smiles. I began to look around for a perfect surface so I can collapse. Ooop! I've never seen a woman so bold and confident than some men.

I was not so much surprised about how attractive I was. That happened to be "a day I intentionally looked nicest and sweet." A neighbour told me.

"Hello, I'm Celina. You cute!" She said. My head collapsed on my neck. "Thanks. You cute too!" I responded. I forgot to tell her my name. I wondered how everything were just dramatic around me. I've never been so weird before.

With a cool tone, she got talking. "See, you look like an actor. I know that this may seem so surprising and sudden. I don't know how you'd take it. I may probably not see you again after now. So, I wouldn't want to loose you. But, please be kind to what I'd say."

My ears recharged like a pumped balloon. Wide open and so attentive. I could remember attempting to box an interrupting fly on my face.

She continued, "I need you." I jaked!
"What I mean is that I need you to be a part of.......our drama crew. If you had observed, the drama we just presented in the church was acted by only females. We've got no male volunteer." Said concluded.

If I had walked out of her, I can't tell. All what happened after then was that I saw myself waking up. So, was it a dream?
ZAWAR YOUSAF
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by ZAWAR YOUSAF »

It was great and interesting......
raphok_90

Post by raphok_90 »

Wow! What a short and concise story, I love it. More oil to your pen
miqsteve akg
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by miqsteve akg »

wow this is wonderful
Kenzie_xox101

Post by Kenzie_xox101 »

Wow this was amazing! Its very unique.
Artizi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-artizi.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Artizi »

This is lovely! Congratulations, you should be proud of yourself.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies
Abraham Joy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abraham-joy.html
Latest Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles

Post by Abraham Joy »

I think you shouldn't tell us. You should give us pens and pencils and leave the painting to us. Nice twist!
timur777
Currently Reading: One Bad Decision
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timur777.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by timur777 »

Very good job. I liked the story and liked your writing style. Keep writing
ThomasTheAttorney

Post by ThomasTheAttorney »

You wrote yourself into a corner and used "it was all just a dream" to get out? Practice writing actual endings. Don't cheat. You are cheating yourself.
Remove the entire first paragraph. Start with the actual action of the second paragraph.
"After the hymn, I sat on the third row of the middle column. The time was 10 a.m. I didn't like where the usher took me to, but I always obeyed them."

But now looking at that paragraph: "... on the third row of the middle column. The time was 10 a.m." That has nothing to do with the story. Delete it.
Best of luck.
Cwaganagwa Dorothy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cwaganagwa-dorothy.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Cwaganagwa Dorothy »

Please do proofread so as to eliminate the unintended errors. I give you an applause because you added a twist that was very unexpected. Hence, think and add more because it is unique in its own right.

Return to “Creative Original Works: Short Stories”