Struggle

Use this forum to post short stories that you have written. This is for getting comments and constructive feedback. This is for original, creative works. You must post the actual text, no links.
Ashley Kirk
Bookshelf Size: 0

Struggle

Post by Ashley Kirk »

Life is a struggle each and every day, one minute everything's okay till something comes stands in my way, if it's not one thing it's another and the struggle will push you down farther. Don't ask for help, don't want to bother, I need a hand up not a hand down but they look at me and frown without a sound. I just need to get my feet back on the ground, doing it alone is the only hope I have found. Some people have nothing and others have it all, living in this big world can make me feel so small. How can you judge me, when you know nothing about me at all. Life has knocked me down a few times, I've taken chances, took the fall, at times had to risk it all, you don't want to know half of everything I saw. I've built a wall around me, to keep me from all the hurt, I've locked my heart and threw away the key, I wonder who will care to help me find it, not very many. Everything I've been through has made me the person I am today, I may not be important to you, and have everything you do, but I'm a person too. What would you do if you were in my shoes.. Would you tell me I'm not alone, that your always gonna be by your side, take my hand when it gets cold and feels like the end, got no place to go, would you give up, and let go, or hold on and stay strong and make it through, just know I would do it for you. Life's a struggle each and every day, I can't let nothing stand in my way, so I bow my head and pray that everything's going to be OK.
crediblereading2
Currently Reading: Bitroux
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: SSN Seadragon by J P Ronald

Post by crediblereading2 »

Your poem is so real. It highlights all the struggles we have to face every day. We all have to fight the good fight, pray to our Creator and hope for the best.
Wakini Anderson

Post by Wakini Anderson »

The poem is so real. Its explains more of what we go through, how we feel about it and who is there for us when we feel so. Its realistic brings Everyone into the realisation that yes! life is not a bed of roses.
Beth470

Post by Beth470 »

Life is not like lying in a bed of roses it does get hard from time to time. But by the grace of god we get through them even though we might feel that we were alone we found comfort in our faith things will get better.
Vicblissn

Post by Vicblissn »

Well the poem touches the heart and I'll advice those reading never to give up because life is full of ups and down but through Christ they will overcome it
JayJoseph
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jayjoseph.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is not what you think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by JayJoseph »

Reading this just makes me want to go through it again and again. It explains a lot about the real world and what most people go through. If I was to rate this, I'll give it a 4 out of 4 stars. I'm loving it.

Return to “Creative Original Works: Short Stories”