The story of my life.

Use this forum to post short stories that you have written. This is for getting comments and constructive feedback. This is for original, creative works. You must post the actual text, no links.
jzorrewe
Bookshelf Size: 0

The story of my life.

Post by jzorrewe »

Nelson is 15 years old and a freshman in high school. He used to have two best friends named Nixon and Joe. Nelson also has a job working at a animal shelter ( which he loves and takes pride in his work everyday) They were best friends all throughout middle school. During the summer Joe moved to Costa Rica with his family and Joe started to make new friends. Nelson asked Joe if they were going to hang out. Joe said oh, okay meet me at the park. Nelson went to the park, waited two hours and Joe never showed up. A week after that Joe said meet him at the pizza place. Nelson showed up, waited two hours and Joe never showed up. Joe gave Nelson 30 dollars and said I'm sorry man I just have so many new friends now that I make plans with. When Nelson asked to hang out with Joe again Joe gets annoyed and tells Nelson that he already has plans to hang out with smarter, and more important people.

Nelson sits alone, eats alone, works alone, rides the bus alone, goes to work. He helps kids with homework and none of them want to sit next to him unless their copying his homework. one girl said I'd kill myself if I was as short as him, one girl told Nelson he should kill himself for being too short. A guy also called Nelson a ****** and pushed him into a wall, laughed and the next day told Nelson no one likes him because he has a small dick.

Two weeks later Nelson got a call from his boss. It turns out the boss is firing all the workers, and shutting down the animal shelter and moving it to Las Vegas. Nelson is struggling with math, he studied a week for a math test, failed all three of them. The teacher says you are failing Nelson. Nelson ran out the classroom and bursted into tears.
1203-rebecca30evans

Post by 1203-rebecca30evans »

Very good
Chigozie Anuli Mbadugha
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Barnyard Buddies STOP for Peace
Currently Reading: When Leaves Fall
Bookshelf Size: 1583
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigozie-anuli-mbadugha.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by Chigozie Anuli Mbadugha »

Nice. I hope something nice happens to Nelson and he finds himself. So many people have low self esteem because of the way they perceive themselves or their bodies. In truth, we are all beautiful in our own ways!
Adelinerose98

Post by Adelinerose98 »

That’s so sad. I hope Nelson becomes happy for who he is and I hope that he finds some new friends that will be there for him.
Rethabile tohlang
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Rethabile tohlang »

It seems those were darker days for Nelson, but i think sometimes, its a lesson that directs a person to light

Return to “Creative Original Works: Short Stories”