Money matters

Use this forum to post short stories that you have written. This is for getting comments and constructive feedback. This is for original, creative works. You must post the actual text, no links.
WardenRhino
Bookshelf Size: 0

Money matters

Post by WardenRhino »

Sarah, a shop assistant at Starbucks, walking around the shop, holding on her hand a notebook taking orders from customers. It was early in the morning and the shop had few minutes started operating, Billy was sitting in the conner table with his eyes locked in to the people running away from rain across the street from outside through the window. "can I get you something sir?" , Sarah asked with her pen pointing straight down at her notebook. Billy turned his head and replied with a smile" oh coffee please, with a lot more sugar". When Sarah returned with a coffee, Billy tested and suddenly spills it out " I said no sugar", Sarah apologized that she put more sugar than required and then asked if she should bring another one with no sugar. Sarah started shouting and told him to never come back again although he used to pass by every morning just to grab a cup of coffee. She wanted to remain tranquil but the anger she had, just provoked all of her problems and she didn't want to express them to everyone around her so she thrown notebook together with a pen on the floor and left the shop. Her boss tried to get hold of her but she didn't pick any phone call. When she showed up the next morning, her boss called her in his little office to find out about her recent argument with a customer. She explained to her boss that a few minutes earlier a day before when she came to work, she had received a call stating that the local bank has refused to offer her a loan. " I am a mother of two children, a five year grade 9 girl and my first born had just graduated from middle school", she explained to Mr Derricks. She needed more money so that she could help her boy, David to further his studies and she regreted that she did not save enough for his higher education fees. She then asked her boss, Mr Derricks If he could help her with few amount of money and attempted to make an arrangement that she will pay as she works for him. " I will give it a thought", Mr Derricks said with a sigh. She then returned to the store, few tables were empty, still smelling yesterdays leftovers. Later that day she was throwing pathetic smiles to her customers, her body moving around tables and her mind elsewhere, trying to weigh up several solutions. Hours passed, days counted to a week and she had never heard from her boss for a week. It was in the middle of the second week after they spoke, Mr Derricks called her in his office, he made an agreement with her that he will only offer her a sum she has asked only of she agrees that he takes 20% of her total earnings every month. She did not hesitate to take that offer because she only wanted the best for her child and she has put her trust to David claiming that she knows her child from birth and would never disappoint ed David was the able to further his studies and her mother kept a very tight eye on her...
Azm Ali khan
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Azm Ali khan »

This story was good but not as much as some contains are missing it not give any interest to reader why he or she read this story tittle was gud but which contain that it not match for topic

Return to “Creative Original Works: Short Stories”