Life of a poor-regrets and what ifs

Use this forum to post short stories that you have written. This is for getting comments and constructive feedback. This is for original, creative works. You must post the actual text, no links.
GeRiL
Bookshelf Size: 0

Life of a poor-regrets and what ifs

Post by GeRiL »

I don't know if its appropriate to call my myself poor for having a little salary to be budgeted, no parents on our side, renting a room to live,and no place to call home. My parents separated at the age of 5, I guess, and our mom needs to go abroad to support us and we were left on our aunt's house. This time I fell that we are like dogs, being left behind by their parents to be taken care of by other people. I grew up in a urban area and this is where I study from elementary to secondary where I gain friends but never a bestfriend because may I have trusts issues. And this is my first regret, "(1)NOT HAVING A BESTFRIEND", I know I am a jolly person, people look up to me as if i don't have problems because I always hold it in me on my own to think and solve. Even my relatives nor my mom knows i have a problem and continue to smile in front of them. In my head, if I have a bestfriend what would be the difference, having person to talk to, a shoulder to cry on , a helping hand in solving such problems. But i never had that, I always fell something clogging in my throat every time i hold what i need to say and end up taking a deep breath and hiding it.
And after graduating in secondary, I again lived in my relatives in a rural area for college. And this is where my second regret happened, (2)I DID NOT STUDIED WELL. I enrolled in a public college two rides from where I live, took up a finance course but never excelled but continued anyway thinking I can manage this . I graduated in eventually but not with flying colors maybe because I don't have a will in doing it. I go to school, sit, listen, study a little and go home, I think I am a very lazy kid. What if it is opposite, I took up Accountancy and studied well, maybe I am now an accountant and receives a higher salary and can help my relatives in their financial needs. But I can't coz I end up in a lower rank, receives a little pay and needs to tolerate a hot headed boss. . . .. to be continued.

"Regret of neglected opportunity is the worst hell that a living soul can inhabit."

Rafael Sabatini
Rosemary Wright
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Author: Sydney Sheldon
Favorite Book: Spanky
Currently Reading: Culture Man
Bookshelf Size: 689
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-wright.html
Latest Review: Gods Whisper Always Near by Sharon Williams
Reading Device: Android

Post by Rosemary Wright »

Though incomplete, the story is interesting, and I hope to read the rest, too. I advice you edit and proofread the story again because I noticed a few errors. Notwithstanding that, it's a great story. Kudos!
Rachel 76
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Rachel 76 »

Sounds more like a rant than anything, your story is interesting, I would like to read more about it, when you continue. Edit and proofreading should be done. A very nice start to something that can be great. Thanks for sharing

Return to “Creative Original Works: Short Stories”