Daniel's Dearest

Use this forum to post short stories that you have written. This is for getting comments and constructive feedback. This is for original, creative works. You must post the actual text, no links.
Epuise
Currently Reading: Evermore (Immortals #1)
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-epuise.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Daniel's Dearest

Post by Epuise »

He was tall, around six-foot-three , dark brown hair cut short spiked in the front. Daniel was his name, strong jawed, hazel eyed , charming as one would expect a male model to be. Deep set dimples in his cheeks, every expression causing them to peek out. The way he carried himself had everyone turning heads to catch a glimpse. Even now as he sat quietly on the beach looking over at the ocean on California shores. Dressed in a white t-shirt and black shorts, Daniel smiled toward the sea. Lifting his body off the heated sand he stalked toward the water, his shirt coming up over his head, being tossed off to the side as he dived in. Making himself play leisurely in the water, he relaxed. Only to have the body of a young girl float up beside him, giving a scream of shock, he did his best to frantically swim back to the beach.

He stumbled onto the beach, yelling out “Someone...Anyone Help! Call the cops! There’s a body out there..She’s...she’s dead!” Panic was apparent on his face the first reactions were slow but soon people pulled out thier phones and begin dialing 911. Shortly after the call was made a young woman screamed. The body of the young woman floated to shore, causing witnesses to scramble away from the body and scream. The young woman was almost pretty with her dark brown hair , green eyes and a lack of a jaw. It looked as if someone had taken a large weight and smacked her face until only a gaping hole was left where her mouth belonged. The lower your eyes traveled the more you saw. Her stomach was opened, her intestines twisted in a weird way as if someone had opened her stomach with the intent to let her live through it. It looked easy enough to stuff them back inside and survive however, it seemed practically impossible for her to do it on her own and without a serious amount of stitches. Her knees were practically black with bruises and her feet disfigured. The woman’s body had clearly been tortured before her death. The sight was so gruesome Daniel threw up until his stomach was emptied and curled up on the sand as the cops arrived.

They immediately cleared the area of all random bystanders looking in on the scene. Daniel was in the sand, eyes wide as if he was terrified. He had drawn into himself; wrapped his arms around himself lightly rocking back and forth. When an old male cop came over and patted his arms , Daniel faced him a hollow look in his eyes. “Young man, It’s going to be alright, just..tell me what happened.” Daniel shuddered visibly as he spoke. “I-I was swimming, just relaxing in the water like I always do on Saturdays...Next thing I know..there she is. I panicked, screamed even nearly drowning myself as I got out of the water as fast as I could..not even asking myself if she was okay. She scared the living crap out of me, I couldn’t breath..and when she reached the beach..” His breath caught and he began rocking back and forth once more. The older man softly pat his shoulder. “I..I thought I would pass out just seeing her..She reminds me so much of my niece..with those...eyes. I immediately wanted to call my family but..I s-screamed out for help...and here you are. I-I need to leave..m-my family..I have to see if they’re okay!” He shifted to his feet in a panicked rush before taking off toward his car unsteadily. The other officers attempted to stop him and calm him but the old man he talked to shook his head, signalling the others to back off.

When Daniel got into his car, he put his head on the steering wheel and grabbed his phone, idly pulling out his cellphone and dialing his sister’s number. He heard her answer and breathed relief “I’m so glad you are alright..Is Cassandra at home?! Is Michelle home?! Are the girls Safe? Sound?!” His sister sounded as if she was frowning “Danny what’s wrong?” His breath hitched and he said “I-I found a body today..While I was swimming..it’s going to be on the news. I wanted to make sure you guys were okay. She was...young similar to how you and Cassie looked as kids, it scared me. So i called and made sure you were fine. I’m glad you’re alright..” He heard his sister drop the phone and run toward the girl’s room, making sure her daughters were safe and sound. He smiled in relief as soon as she picked up the phone and said “T-thanks for checking on us Danny..We’re all safe, thank you! I'm glad you called me first. I need to call Matt, and ask him to come over.. Please stay safe, inside all day if you have to. I don’t want you getting hurt Danny..We love you..I’ll have Matt call you later after he calms down from the panic he'll be feeling when he learns that our daughters might be in danger.” At that they both softly laughed and said their goodbyes.

Daniel then started his car, slowly backing out of the beach parking lot. When he was a mile away, he began to giggle, then chuckle, then sigh and then finally shake his head in regret. He was amused by how well he had played the part of a surprised swimmer. He had always loved acting surprised. Always love pretending he had nothing to do with what was happening in every situation. He obviously knew his nieces were perfectly fine, perfectly safe..But he had to play the scared kid for everyone. That woman and he had been having an affair, never being seen together, or around each other, no one would ever suspect how he was involved. Her husband, would possibly miss her but that’s only if he wasn’t content in his own affair.

There was nothing daniel could do for her..He loved her but she had decided she would leave him. He couldn’t have that..He hated being left..and she looked so much like.."her". There was nothing he hated more than being left by “her”. Why had she left him? Why had she hurt him more than he thought was possible? Why had he needed her so much? How could she abandon him? He was furious, his grip tight on his steering wheel as he thought of these questions. All of his unanswered questions, driving his heart to throb painfully. Pulling over on the side of the road. He thought of the last week’s events. Monday he met her in a quiet little bar, gotten slightly drunk, talked to her for hours. A smile played on his lips at the memory. Tuesday she saw him again, cuddling up to him as they watched movies for hours, talking about little things she loved that her husband didn’t do that he did. Wednesday a quiet night without her. He frowned at that. He felt as if she wasn’t going to come back. Thursday she hadn’t showed up again..Friday. She announced she would leave Daniel because cheating on her husband was wrong and that he truly did love her even though she couldn’t see that at times. That made him angry. She had turned around without letting him say a word. A bubble of annoyance rising to his mind as he remembered hitting her on the side of her knees with a long wooden bat. Both knees he repeatedly smacked.

He was furious, so furious in fact he beat her knees till the skin was black. Any attempted movement would cause her face to contort in agony. Even so he watched her crawl to the stairs of his loft thick tears rolling down her cheeks along with silent full bodied sobs racking her body. At the sight of her pain a small smirk appeared on his face as he began stomping on her feet. Listening to the loud crunch, feeling the bones shift and crack beneath his shoes. Watching her facial expression shift to pure agony, he started shouting at her “It hurts doesn’t it? That’s how I’m feeling! You selfish twat! You’re just like her selfish, deceitful, backstabbing, conniving, calculating, cheating..lying about your love for me. God, you’re a filthy disrespectful godforsaken whore! No wonder your husband cheats on you..he couldn’t love you..wouldn’t love you he knows what you are...a liar! ” He was looking down at her with tears in his eyes, hurt visibly by her actions. “Why do you want to leave me? What did i do wrong?..What is it that makes you want to leave me? I treated you like a princess..no..Like a queen! Like you were the only person in my world..and you were. Only one I let see the real me, only one I gave my heart to..So why? Why must you abandon me?” All she could do was whimper, that made Daniel sigh in regret.

“How i loved you, how i needed you.. But you would leave me..for him?! He isn’t as tall, isn’t as handsome, doesn’t have colored eyes, isn’t as smart nor as cunning , he’s a simple man and yet you’d chose him over the eternal happiness I could give you?! Why?!” He was getting irritated with her lack of answers and she noticed. She could barely speak, her voice was a horse whisper but she did her best anyway. “Didn’t know me….How to love me?...” He twitched in hatred as he watched her face. After a moment he reached out grabbing her by the hair, twisting the fist full of her dark brown locks around his fist, a tired sigh escaping him. “Fine.. I’ll let you leave then, but you won’t be alive.” He began dragging her away from the stairs to the kitchen, a tired light in his eyes as he realized what he would need to do. Grabbing an ordinary smooth kitchen knife with no ridges , he dragged her to the bathroom. A sigh escaping him as he made a deep long slash along her stomach. Watching the gash open, her intestines slowly pooled out, she was screaming in a broken whisper as if the amount of pain she was in wouldn’t properly pass her lips. As he looked down at her, he realized that her wide fear filled eyes and pain ridden face diminished her beauty.

A small shake of his head as he spoke “Leaving me..costs you know. This just happens to be the price..can’t have your husband asking you about how your feet got crushed, or how your knees got beaten up so badly. I know you would tell him, then he would leave you and come looking for me. I can’t have that.” He left her there to bleed, knowing she would be fine for a good thirty minutes, he locked all the doors, and windows, leaving his lovely loft to grab bleach from the basement. Taking up one bottle, he smiled. Knowing he had more within his house he unlocked the front door and went back inside. Locking it behind him, he stalked to the bathroom, opening the cabinet on the wall he begun getting what he needed. Pulling on a pair of disposable rubber gloves, he opened the bleach and poured it into his bathtub. After deciding the one bottle was enough he lifted her gently as if she were going to break in his arms and set her in the tub.

Her eyes popped open completely as she attempted to scream out in pain from the burn of the bleach.. Her silent screams of pain ignored as he watched her for a while before flipping her over in the tub and going upstairs to search for something new and un-used. Finding a blanket after a good hour of searching he laid it out on the floor in the living room. Carrying her now dead body out of the tub, he smiled at her. Eyeing her full beauty now, a regretful sigh escaping him once more as he pulled her out of her dress and rolled her up in the blanket. Scowling a little he decided to stomp on her face, the beautiful face that once again rejected him. He heard her jaw shatter, then felt her face cave. Utter fascination as he watched the blood seep through the blanket to taunt him. Grumbling to himself he grabbed a towel and wrapped it around her head. After a moment he figured the best way to get rid of her would be dumping her else where.

So he tossed her out of his window down onto the bed of his truck with damn near perfect aim. He waited till midnight to drive down to the beach and dump her body. Ironically he hadn’t expected to be the one find her on his Saturday relaxation, so his surprise was real. The blanket, and their clothes burned. It was an end to his less than perfect day and less than perfect love. Now he has to find the perfect one. Too bad she didn’t last as long as his first, he couldn’t even remember her name like he remembered Isabella’s , or Belladonna’s he even remembered Rachel who he only dated for a day..but today..today was a sad day.. He had lost the perfect look a-like. The perfect replacement for Alana, his muse; his drive; his soul. His dearest, most precious who left him and started his rampage.
Ashash
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ashash »

A very cute story that everyone will understand. The lines, phrases that were used in this story is very describable that will make your mind imagine that you arr in this situation.
Epuise

Post by Epuise »

Ashash wrote: 02 Feb 2018, 17:32 A very cute story that everyone will understand. The lines, phrases that were used in this story is very describable that will make your mind imagine that you arr in this situation.
Thank you! I'm glad you got a clear image out of my writing. I hope it wasn't too much to read though.
Rachel 76
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Rachel 76 »

Great start to a murder mystery, leaves you wanting to know more. I knew he murdered her as soon as he started stuttering to the cops and calling his sister.His sister seemed to know, and maybe Matt was involved with the victim also. Rachel never called him back she felt something maybe she didn't like, and I'd love to know what happened with Alana? Who was his first love? Was he a serial killer...Was he finally caught? This story left me hanging and wanting to read more
Epuise

Post by Epuise »

Rachel 76 wrote: 05 Feb 2018, 21:46 Great start to a murder mystery, leaves you wanting to know more. I knew he murdered her as soon as he started stuttering to the cops and calling his sister.His sister seemed to know, and maybe Matt was involved with the victim also. Rachel never called him back she felt something maybe she didn't like, and I'd love to know what happened with Alana? Who was his first love? Was he a serial killer...Was he finally caught? This story left me hanging and wanting to read more
I love these questions! I never knew where to take this story, so until I catch a brain about it you'll be stuck in suspense~ But, Fun fact his first love turns up in another story of mine. She's not even human :lol: which is why she "left" Daniel in the first place. They were together for around two years, which is nothing to her because of the length of her life, but everything to him because of it. He grew to love her, depend on her and obsess over her. She was quite taken with his devotion to her but, of course everyone has problems they don't wish to share. While she did indeed love him her priorities were elsewhere, so she returned without telling him. He "was" not a serial killer until a year after she left him when he started to date again. :wink: His killing spree began shortly after.

Return to “Creative Original Works: Short Stories”