Science Knows All?

Use this forum to post short stories that you have written. This is for getting comments and constructive feedback. This is for original, creative works. You must post the actual text, no links.
Butch Acuna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-butch-acuna.html
Latest Review: Going Gone by Abraham Lopez
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Science Knows All?

Post by Butch Acuna »

SCIENCE KNOWS ALL?
Upon acquiring a degree in Computer Science, Carlo Reyes returned to his hometown to present his credentials to his parents as his token of gratitude for supporting his education.He graduated on the top of his class, which made him proud of his accomplishment.
During his first day at home, his mother, sister, friends and acquaintances warmly extended their felicitations, with the exception of his father who made only cursory remarks about this degree which he feels is lacking in warmth and sincerity. He casually mentioned his observation to his mother while having coffee in the kitchen. It took a while before his mother answered. "Perhaps, it is time for you to know, your father is not impressed by a college diploma, he has no formal education "
" How did he accomplish so much ?" " He usually topped qualifying examinations to qualify for a position, and most applicants are college graduates, that is why he lost interest in having a college diploma "
" Where did he acquire the knowledge to top the exams?" " Have you not noticed, he is always carrying a book or a magazine, he reads at home, in the office, at the bus, in waiting rooms, anywhere, he has read several thousand books and he has a vivid memory "
Carlo decided to test his father's knowledge and belief. He went to the study room where his father is reading a book. " Dad, can I disturb you for a moment ? " " Of course, take your seat" As soon as Carlo was seated his dad began his discourse. "I know that you deserve more accolade than what I have given you, but I was somewhat stymied by the word - SCIENCE-in your diploma " "Why ?" Asked Carlo who was surprised.
" Because, science is covering up for its obvious errors, DNA researchers has long ago discovered that all of humanity came from a single woman, but never announced the discovery, how can all living things evolved from simple organisms while science cannot interbreed animals from different species can you interbreed a snake with a horse? If we originated from a single progenitor, it should be possible, on the other hand the Bible clearly stated that each living things were created according their own specific kind or family and it was written thousands of years ago when science was still unknown to man "
Carlo was dumbfounded he did not know that there are some questions that science cannot as of this time satisfactorily explain, he let his dad continue.
" Let's play a game, I will answer your questions about the Bible and I will ask you questions that you must answer within the context of your scientific knowledge, we have a whole day to play, agree ? " Carlo nodded.
" Shoot the first question." His dad urged. Carlo thought for awhile.
" How could it be possible for God to create the and the whole universe within seven days ? " " It was not possible " His dad answered.
Game over, Carlo thought. " God created the earth and the universe at the beginning, there is another verse in the Bible which described the beginning it says. "
" In the beginning was God, and the Word was with God " which means that before the existence of anything else including light, there was God and the Word who was Jesus Christ, the beginning has just ensued so that Creation began at that point of time, for time and space cannot be measured without the physical universe "
" Supporting evidence " Carlo asked.
" The physical universe has been created long before Genesis, Genesis is the beginning of the spiritual creation, the Bible stated that archangel Lucifer was appointed by God to administer the earth, he was a creature of exceptional beauty, talent and wisdom this was before the creation of the spiritual man, but his perfection came to the head of Lucifer, he aspired to be god, to replace God as ruler of the whole creation and launched a rebellion by leading one third of the angels to attack the very throne of God, but he was defeated by two thirds of the Holy Angels led Archangel Michael, Lucifer became Satan and he and his rebellious angels were thrown to earth where he reigns until the reestablishment of God's Kingdom on earth, proof? Satan was already a devil during the creation of man "
" The book of Genesis describes the recreation of the earth and the creatures that were destroyed during the "War of the Worlds, the battle between Satan's forces and the Holy Angels led by Archangel Michael which plunged the earth in darkness and cold due meteoric bombardment, however the resulting ice age and absence of decaying agents like bacteria preserved seeds of vegetation while the DNA of animals were in the ground making it possible to recreate the earth within a week."
" My first question is why is there a huge intellectual difference between prehistoric man and the spiritual man a.k.a modern man who discovered fire 6,000 years ago and is now planning to colonize Mars, while prehistoric man has been here for hundreds of thousands of years but it never produced even a single page of written record ?" Carlo groped for an answer.
" Well according to anthropology, agriculture brought civilization to this level of development " " I cannot accept your answer, because farming implements were discovered as far back as more than 10,000 years ago, do you have any supporting argument? "
" None that I can think of "
" Then it is my turn to answer the question, the story of creation in Genesis is the beginning of the spiritual creation, the modern man was different from prehistoric man because he has an spiritual element, which give's man intellect, reasoning and ability to communicate, the spirit requires a house, also known as a temple, or mansion, the human body is a living soul the temple of the human spirit and if germinated by the Holy Spirit becomes a temple of the Holy Spirit, the human body must be feed with food that comes out of the ground, while the human spirit must be feed with words that came out of the mouth of God because it came from God, this is the reason why the Lord commanded the believers to eat His body and drink His blood because His spiritual body is composed of words just like a computer program that is composed of information, proof?"
" Helen Keller who was born more than a century ago, a healthy and normal child, but she was stricken with an illness which left her deaf and blind, this rendered her body useless as a tool for communicating and learning, until her teacher and lifetime companion found a way to communicate with her by placing one of her hands under a stream of water while writing w-a-t-e-r on the other hand. From this beginning she learned how to speak, how to write by using a typewriter, read through braille, and she graduated from college, became a prolific writer and public speaker, she traveled around the world fulfilling speaking engagements in behalf of the deaf and the blind, met with world leaders and campaigned for the rights of women and workers. Supporting evidence ? Hachiko the famous Japanese dog waited for his master for nine years at the train station where he usually awaited for his master when his master was alive, unfortunately his master died while working and Hachiko never saw his master again. Some concerned people tried to make him understand a message which goes like this; "
" Hachiko, your master is dead , he will never come back, you do not have to wait here anymore".
" But no one was able to make him understand, and Hachiko is not deaf, he is not blind, the only difference is that he does not have an spiritual element like Helen Keller. "
" Do you have any other question ?"
"Certainly not." Carlo answered as he walked out of the door. His father took out the photo copy of Carlo's diploma from his pocket and threw it at the fireplace.
Ekah Emmanuel
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ekah Emmanuel »

This is an argument and not creativity, this argument is not realistic enough. When talking about this kind of things we need leave every historical/spiritual record aside and talk about the physical, every one in this world is opened to his/her opinions and beliefs. Speaking of God, The only reason why I believe God exists is because I experience his wonderful works in my life. I don't believe God exists because of the bible or any historical proof because all those things called historical proofs were written by human beings and the bible is one of them. People think the bible is made up of stories but I think the bible is a story. Think of the bible as a story book written by a single person. Think of the bible as a story book or movie with a beginning and end just like every other story. When a story is written, it is also acted if the opportunity is given right? Yes. I think of the beginning of this world (Genesis) is a story line and we human beings are the actors and actresses in that story line, we human beings are the characters in the story line of this world. The bible has it's beginning and its end which I think was crafted by a set of blessed creative writers years ago. Those days it was said that the early men were not as developed as we are and they leaved their lives as normal as they could, they lived their lives without God, they lived their lives without the fear of death, they lived their lives without the fear of the devil. Writers are intelligent and there is nothing in this world that can no be written so I believe that there were some set of creative writers or a writer those days just like writers are now, who came together with the idea of a story (the bible), a story that would look the way the world looks, a story that would fit into the happenings of the world. It was said in the bible that Adam and eve were the first people on earth, which means there was no one at that time to record the events and happenings of Adam and eve. The stories of moses, Abraham, Jacob, David and every story you know in the bible are several stories which were put together to make up a story which is the bible. God has planned everything in his script and he alone knows the end of that script. Don't be deceived because the world we live in is a story on its own and without we human beings in it there would be no story. Nice argument though

Return to “Creative Original Works: Short Stories”