Lot's Wife Awakens

Use this forum to post short stories that you have written. This is for getting comments and constructive feedback. This is for original, creative works. You must post the actual text, no links.
Harold N Walters
Currently Reading: Sleeping Beauties
Bookshelf Size: 3

Lot's Wife Awakens

Post by Harold N Walters »

Ildeth wiped away melt-water tears, a result of a pillar of salt awakening. Long associated with the Divine, Ildeth knew instantly all that had happened during the millennia she had been a salt lick on the hills overlooking Sodom and Gomorrah.

Ildeth fondly remembered the salacious, sybaritic times she had enjoyed in the twin cities of the flesh; cities that Jehovah had smitten with his righteous—Lot said they were righteous, anyway—brimstone bolts.

Because as a reincarnated biblical babe zip-shifting was an ability, Ildeth ascended to the highest wind-scoured summit of the mountains of Moab from which she surveyed the desert spread like a flared fandango skirt around the Dead Sea’s salt-encrusted shores.

Ildeth blinked back briny tears of yearning and frustration.

No more sedentary life, she thought. I’m a party girl and if I’m worth my salt— she couldn’t contain her grin—I’ll find another land of libertines to tickle my licentious fancy.

Opting to be strictly human, and gambling Yahweh would comply with double jeopardy, Ildeth descended the barren peaks, hastened to an airport and boarded a flight towards the sunset, to Lotus Land, to lascivious, lewd and lecherous La-La Land.

Return to “Creative Original Works: Short Stories”