Imagination Knows No Bounds

Use this forum to post short stories that you have written. This is for getting comments and constructive feedback. This is for original, creative works. You must post the actual text, no links.
furybeginner
Currently Reading: Needful Things
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-furybeginner.html
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare

Imagination Knows No Bounds

Post by furybeginner »

“An island, an island! Aack,” Rhian shouted. The two little girls with her laughed out loud.

“Ha ha ha — Big Sis, why are you speaking that way?” Hannah asked as they walked around the lot.

“I’m the pirate captain’s bird,” Rhian said cheerfully. “Joy is the captain,” she pointed to the girl on her shoulders, “and you are the first mate. I’m also here, so I’m the parrot!” Holding Joy steady with one hand, Rhian flapped her free arm and imitated a parrot.

“But Big Sis, you can’t be the parrot,” Hannah responded with a frown on her face. “Parrots can’t carry captains… I know! You should be the captain! Joy can be the parrot!”

And on cue, Joy flapped her arms, saying, “I’m a pae-wot, I’m a pae-wot! An eye-und, an eye-und!”
The three of them giggled.

Rhian cleared her throat. “Okay, then. I’m captain.” She placed her free arm on her forehead, looking out into the empty space in front of them. “First mate Hannah, our parrot Joy has spotted an island. Prepare the ship for sailing.”

“Aye-aye, captain!” Hannah saluted and started running around Rhian and Joy, pretending to untie knots.

Rhian pretended to be holding a spyglass and focusing on nothing in particular. She started muttering, “Should take about three hours tops… will have enough time to make a camp…”

Joy bent her head down to look at Rhian. Smiling, she asked, “Wha’are you talkin’bout, Big Sis?”

Rhian smiled back. “I’m saying that you found a great island for us to replenish our supplies.” Joy frowned, confused.

Rhian laughed. “The island you found may have good food!”

Joy raised her arms. “Food! Food! Food!”

Hannah suddenly stopped in front of Rhian. She saluted and said, “All the preparations are done, Big Sis — I mean, Captain!”

Rhian grinned. “Great job first mate Hannah! Now make her fly!” To make things more dramatic, she stroke a pose, pointing forward. Joy imitated her and pointed in the same direction.

The three of them made their way forward slowly. After about a couple of minutes, they stopped. “We have arrived at last,” Rhian said. “Now, we’re going to do the first mission: find food!”

Rhian barely finished talking when they heard a voice from the inside of the house. “Girls! Come inside and have some ice cream!”

Their eyes widened as they looked at each other. Then they happily ran back to the house while shouting, “Food!”
Mashell Chapeyama
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Mashell Chapeyama »

I like this short story. It is action packed from the beginning and uses active language.
furybeginner

Post by furybeginner »

Mashell Chapeyama wrote:I like this short story. It is action packed from the beginning and uses active language.
Thank you! I'm glad you think so. :D
TheRavensWoods
Currently Reading: Faithful
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theravenswoods.html

Post by TheRavensWoods »

I like it a lot! Keep writing!
Kalin Adi
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kalin-adi.html
Latest Review: French for Girls by JP Wright

Post by Kalin Adi »

One of the things I adore in my life is teaching elementary because kids have a humongous imagination. Some adults lose this talent when growing up, not everyone, thanks God, but it happens; that's why I love reading. When I read, I uncover other people's imaginations. I'm glad you are one of the few who keeps the imagination alive. Great story! Keep writing and you'll get more and more ideas to write.
furybeginner

Post by furybeginner »

TheRavensWoods wrote:I like it a lot! Keep writing!
Thank you! I'll try my best! :)

-- 08 Jul 2017, 04:58 --
Kalin Adi wrote:One of the things I adore in my life is teaching elementary because kids have a humongous imagination. Some adults lose this talent when growing up, not everyone, thanks God, but it happens; that's why I love reading. When I read, I uncover other people's imaginations. I'm glad you are one of the few who keeps the imagination alive. Great story! Keep writing and you'll get more and more ideas to write.
Yes, kids are some of the best sources of creativity and imagination. I stepped in as a substitute teacher once and I was amazed by how much I learned from interacting with them. Just like reading, they make me see the world in a different light.

Thank you! I'll do my best and continue writing!
Kalin Adi
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kalin-adi.html
Latest Review: French for Girls by JP Wright

Post by Kalin Adi »

furybeginner wrote: Thank you! I'll do my best and continue writing!
I'll be waiting for your next story. :D
Naval Aulakh
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naval-aulakh.html
Latest Review: "The Deserving" by Efren O'brien

Post by Naval Aulakh »

It is a very nice story. I really liked it. Keep writing! :)
Live Life to the Fullest and Enjoy Reading!!
Latest Review: "The Deserving" by Efren O'brien

Return to “Creative Original Works: Short Stories”