Lonely People

Use this forum to post short stories that you have written. This is for getting comments and constructive feedback. This is for original, creative works. You must post the actual text, no links.
RachelEmmanuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachelemmanuel.html
Latest Review: Daddy’s Baby Mama’s Maybe by Come Lamore
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Re: Lonely People

Post by RachelEmmanuel »

Very special story!! So well written. Took me a minute and then I had to look up the words to the song again. I love stories that give you a mental image that stays with you. Thanks for sharing it.
1 Cor 15: 19-20, 26 If only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are of all people most to be pitied.
But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead...The last enemy to be destroyed is death.
DATo
Previous Member of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by DATo »

RachelEmmanuel wrote: 14 Jul 2020, 17:41 Very special story!! So well written. Took me a minute and then I had to look up the words to the song again. I love stories that give you a mental image that stays with you. Thanks for sharing it.
Many thanks for your comment. This one was fun to write. People seemed to like it too which always makes me feel good in the sense that I haven't wasted their time when they read it.
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright
DATo
Previous Member of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by DATo »

I am honestly not attempting to bump this story, but I just found an exceptionally fine amateur cover of the song that inspired this story and wanted to share it with those who are familiar with the song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eT98yd8 ... rnerGuitar
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright

Return to “Creative Original Works: Short Stories”