Featured Review: Forever Twelve by Meg Kimball

Discuss the March 2015 book of the month, "Forever Twelve" by Meg Kimball.
ejcogan
Favorite Author: Jeaniene Frost
Favorite Book: Once Burned
Currently Reading: The Truth of all Flesh
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ejcogan.html
Latest Review: "Dehumanized" by Michael Loring
fav_author_id: 3311

Re: Featured Review: Forever Twelve by Meg Kimball

Post by ejcogan »

Sounds refreshing. I will definitely read this book and pass it on to my daughter who is turning 11 next month. (SCARY) Seems like the issues nowadays are so much scarier than they were when I was a kid. I'M. looking forward to this one. Thanks for the review.
It is better to have loved and lost, than to be married to a psycho for the rest of your life.
Latest Review: "Dehumanized" by Michael Loring
BookWorm07
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookworm07.html
Latest Review: "The Voice of Thunder" by Raina Kadavil

Post by BookWorm07 »

Sounds like a good read. I think I'll recommended to my sister. :)
"Words are, in my not so humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic" - J.K. Rowling
Latest Review: "The Voice of Thunder" by Raina Kadavil
christyfrog35
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christyfrog35.html

Post by christyfrog35 »

Great Review and I think this would be a great pick for my daughter who is 14 I will put this on my list of gift options. Thank you
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

I just noticed that this book will be the March book of the month. Yay! I look forward to reading it.
:D
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
Norma_Rudolph
Favorite Author: Mary Stewart
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =4245">The Gift of Lies</a>
Currently Reading: Enchantment
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-norma-rudolph.html
Latest Review: "Desolate" by Stephanie Binding
fav_author_id: 10582

Post by Norma_Rudolph »

Thanks for a great review. It's good to know there are still some good clean books out there. Can't wait to read this one for the book of the month. I also really like your comment: "Lastly, I really appreciated the inclusion of positive authority figures for the girls to turn to in times of trouble. Corey's mother, Andi's father, and the girls' English teacher are caring, competent adults that have the girls' best interests at heart. I feel that trustworthy, competent adults are vastly underrepresented in young adult literature, and it was refreshing to see that the main characters were not left to their own devices to solve every problem that arose in the book."
I quite agree that there are not enough books that show kids with good adult help around.
Latest Review: "Desolate" by Stephanie Binding
kio
Favorite Author: Janet Evanovich
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... vermore</a>
Bookshelf Size: 532
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kio.html
Latest Review: "A Twist of Fate" by Mark W. Johnson
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 2658

Post by kio »

Great review. It's not my thing, but it would make a good addition to my work's collection. I'll probably look into getting this one.
"Books are unique portable magic."-Stephen King
Latest Review: "A Twist of Fate" by Mark W. Johnson
LivreAmour217
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Too many to count
Favorite Book: Ditto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 294
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-livreamour217.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by LivreAmour217 »

ejcogan wrote:Sounds refreshing. I will definitely read this book and pass it on to my daughter who is turning 11 next month. (SCARY) Seems like the issues nowadays are so much scarier than they were when I was a kid. I'M. looking forward to this one. Thanks for the review.
You are welcome, and thank you for the feedback! My son will be turning 11 in May, so I totally know how you feel--it is indeed SCARY!
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein
zeldas_lullaby
Favorite Author: ---------
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =3452">The Thorn Birds</a>
Currently Reading: The Last Stonestepper
Bookshelf Size: 79
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of Forever Twelve

Post by zeldas_lullaby »

Hey, everyone. This book won't be available for Nook until mid-March. (The Ides of March! The Ides of March!)Meanwhile, it's available for Kindle and paperback! If Nook is your essential format, then mark your calendars! Thanks! :geek:
LivreAmour217
Currently Reading:

Post by LivreAmour217 »

Norma_Rudolph wrote:Thanks for a great review. It's good to know there are still some good clean books out there. Can't wait to read this one for the book of the month. I also really like your comment: "Lastly, I really appreciated the inclusion of positive authority figures for the girls to turn to in times of trouble. Corey's mother, Andi's father, and the girls' English teacher are caring, competent adults that have the girls' best interests at heart. I feel that trustworthy, competent adults are vastly underrepresented in young adult literature, and it was refreshing to see that the main characters were not left to their own devices to solve every problem that arose in the book."
I quite agree that there are not enough books that show kids with good adult help around.
I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who's noticed this issue. Both books and television programs aimed at children are filled with clueless adults who seem to cause more problems than they solve!
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein
Valrose
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valrose.html

Post by Valrose »

Thanks to your review, I will look into this book and will recommend it to my daughter who is at the beginning of the transition from 12 to 13.

-- 03 Feb 2015, 03:37 --

Thanks to your review, I will look into this book and will recommend it to my daughter who is at the beginning of the transition from 12 to 13.
LivreAmour217
Currently Reading:

Post by LivreAmour217 »

Valrose wrote:Thanks to your review, I will look into this book and will recommend it to my daughter who is at the beginning of the transition from 12 to 13.

-- 03 Feb 2015, 03:37 --

You are welcome, and thank you for the feedback! I hope your daughter enjoys the book!
michelewhite0068
Favorite Author: Robert McCammon
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 88">Doctor Sleep</a>
Currently Reading: 11.22.63
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelewhite0068.html
fav_author_id: 2690

Post by michelewhite0068 »

:D Just picked this one up and started reading it. I did find a typo or two his instead of this, but completely minor errors. Well done and congratulations on this book. Indeed, it is an awesome read and I am four times as old as the girls in this book. I don't think we ever really grow up, we just dress up and try to act like we are adults. Excellent review. I am not 100% done with the book, but I am about at the halfway mark and I am really enjoying it. It is much better than the Nancy Drew books I remember from my youth. Of course, at that age, I was reading the classics . . . mostly by Russian authors. Again good job!
A book is a gift you can open again and again--anonymous
zeldas_lullaby
Favorite Author: ---------
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =3452">The Thorn Birds</a>
Currently Reading: The Last Stonestepper
Bookshelf Size: 79
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of Forever Twelve

Post by zeldas_lullaby »

OMG, thank you for your kind words! I'll tell ya, the editing process is eternal, but to you and everyone else out there: if you find a typo, forward it to me! I can upload the changes. (Not that anyone's obligated to do this.) But, oh Lord, I edited and edited. It's impossible!
Anyways, thanks for the compliments!! I'm so glad you're enjoying reading it! It's a thrill to get positive feedback, or even constructive feedback about the typos. You've made my day! :D

-- 04 Feb 2015, 21:55 --

Oh, and I hope you enjoy the second half of the book as well! :D
spablo_94
Currently Reading: Redeployment
Bookshelf Size: 317
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spablo-94.html

Post by spablo_94 »

Thanks for the xcellent review. I will definitely read this one.
scquarantillo
Favorite Author: rachel vincent
Favorite Book: Forever by Judy Blume
Currently Reading: Undead to the World
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scquarantillo.html
fav_author_id: 4455

Post by scquarantillo »

I really enjoyed your review! It sounds like a very pleasant read. When I was younger I also loved The Babysitters Club series! I think my sister would really love to read this book, I will pass it along! :D

-- 06 Feb 2015, 03:22 --

I really enjoyed your review! I loved the Babysitter's Club growing up, and me and my sister had every book. I am definitely going to add this book to my "want to read" list. I am a huge YA fan! Can't wait to read it!

Return to “"Forever Twelve" by Meg Kimball”