Thank you!

Discuss the March 2015 book of the month, "Forever Twelve" by Meg Kimball.
zeldas_lullaby
Favorite Author: ---------
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =3452">The Thorn Birds</a>
Currently Reading: The Last Stonestepper
Bookshelf Size: 79
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of Forever Twelve

Thank you!

Post by zeldas_lullaby »

OMG, I have enjoyed being the book of the month. What an honor! Thank you, Scott. Thank you, LivreAmour. Thank you, readers. It has been my privilege to serve.

My goal with Forever Twelve was to capture middle school fantasy--what if parents were approachable? What if school was fun? What if there were no bullies, lurking around every corner, waiting to steal your lunch money?

I had an awful time in middle school. First of all, I was butt ugly. (I have the yearbook photos to prove it.) Second of all, I had to wake up at 5:45 in the morning--at the age of eleven!!--to catch a first-run bus. Third, my parents chose that time of my life to get divorced, which I was fine with--but they weren't. (Get along, people!) Fourth, I had to share a bedroom in our new house with my 4-year-old sister, who regularly used her fingernails as weapons. I could go on and on.

Anyway, it's a harsh reality of life that most people suffer miserably in middle school. So I wanted to create a middle school fantasy world of the way it was meant to be (in my idealized view of life). I'm glad that so many of you enjoyed reading it! Amazon seems to be the site that works for me, so follow me there for sequels!

And now I'll pass the torch to the author of Paper Towns, Mr. Green! :arrow: :mrgreen:
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

I look forward to reading more books about Corey and Andi!
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
zeldas_lullaby
Favorite Author: ---------
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =3452">The Thorn Birds</a>
Currently Reading: The Last Stonestepper
Bookshelf Size: 79
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of Forever Twelve

Post by zeldas_lullaby »

Thank you! Two are available individually for preorder, but I need to write two more after that to have a full-sized, four-part sequel! :-)
rcarr13
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rcarr13.html
Latest Review: Weaponized Prayer Missiles Against Infirmities. by Dr. Omolara Olaniyi

Post by rcarr13 »

Your experience in middle school sounds very similar to mine. I just joined this site recently and haven't read the book yet, but it sounds like one I would enjoy. Adding it to my reading list.
Adina Lutinger
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adina-lutinger.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Adina Lutinger »

The book sounds really enjoyable, and just from reading your post I can say that I really like your writting style, so I'm definitely going to read this book. Thank you!

Return to “"Forever Twelve" by Meg Kimball”