Official Review: Beyond Absolute by S R Gurney

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
gen_g
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Re: Official Review: Beyond Absolute by S R Gurney

Post by gen_g »

Sahar Majid wrote: 07 Jan 2019, 09:39 This book sounds quite fascinating, especially the idea of different ficlets, but the repetitive-ness of it puts me off just a bit. I may pick it up, however, if I want to try something new since philosophical books aren't really ones I've exposed myself to. Either way, thank you for the wonderful review!
I hope that you will enjoy it if you decide to pick it up. Do let me know what you think of it if you do. Thanks for stopping by to leave a comment, I appreciate it!
Laura Ungureanu
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: The Guardians of Erum and the Calamitous Child of Socotra
Bookshelf Size: 1392
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-ungureanu.html
Latest Review: Love and Marriage by Arthur Hartz

Post by Laura Ungureanu »

I like stories that make me aware of my surroundings. If an author is lost in describing a girl crossing the road, I feel mesmerized and I lose myself with him. Beautiful review!
gen_g
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

Laura Bach wrote: 10 Jan 2019, 05:53 I like stories that make me aware of my surroundings. If an author is lost in describing a girl crossing the road, I feel mesmerized and I lose myself with him. Beautiful review!
Then, I think this book would be a perfect fit for you! (: Thanks for stopping by to leave a comment, I appreciate it!
Sweet Psamy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweet-psamy.html
Latest Review: Lost and Love: Thailand (Book One of the Lost and Love Series) by Stella Knights

Post by Sweet Psamy »

I particularly like that the Latin phrases included at the back of the book was translated to English. That was very thoughtful of the author.
gen_g

Post by gen_g »

Sweet Psamy wrote: 11 Jan 2019, 10:50 I particularly like that the Latin phrases included at the back of the book was translated to English. That was very thoughtful of the author.
It was! Thanks for stopping by, I appreciate it.
Shrabastee Chakraborty
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 1153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee-chakraborty.html
Latest Review: The Infinite Passion of Life by D.J. Paolini

Post by Shrabastee Chakraborty »

I like the theme of the book, and also the cover. I loved your perception of the abstract, however reading multiple pieces with a similar theme can be quite taxing. Thanks for the amazing review!
gen_g

Post by gen_g »

Shrabastee wrote: 15 Jan 2019, 06:13 I like the theme of the book, and also the cover. I loved your perception of the abstract, however reading multiple pieces with a similar theme can be quite taxing. Thanks for the amazing review!
It can certainly be taxing! I suppose it would be good to read it slowly. Thanks for stopping by to leave a comment, I appreciate it!

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”