My First Look of Justice by Scott Hughes

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Shas F
Currently Reading: Monsters in the Hallway
Bookshelf Size: 255
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shas-f.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill

My First Look of Justice by Scott Hughes

Post by Shas F »

What makes a marriage flounder? What are the triggers that make one spouse do the unthinkable: cheat on her partner and eventually not feel guilty about it. What makes a wife loath her husband? The small details of an ordinary life that drive her to boredom and a sense of pointlessness? These are the opening pages of Justice by Scott Hughes as we are introduced to Brynne, the angry, unfaithful wife. Marriage is the union of two people so let's see both sides of the story. The opening pages show a novel sensitively and well-written. Mr. Hughes opens the story with the perspective of an angry wife, Brynne. He gets the tone of a resentful and even vengeful woman who feels caged in her life, ignored and unappreciated, and who strikes out by cheating. Brynne is even contemplating the benefits of being physically abused by her husband Marcus because that would be a great weapon against him. "Emotional" abuse, she thinks, is so hard and complicated to prove. A great dramatic and psychological drama that explores the events leading to a collapse and breakdown of a marriage; and the complexities of love turning to hate.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”