Official Review: Kaleidoscope of Being by Jennifer Toth

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
skindrukas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 284
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-skindrukas.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B004DLPXAO

Re: Official Review: Kaleidoscope of Being by Jennifer Toth

Post by skindrukas »

Although I enjoy spiritual read, the religious context is not my choice for the book. And this one, it seems from the review, has a lot of it.
The temple bell stops but I still hear the sound coming out of the flowers. --- Matsuo Basho
Emy Katherine
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 430
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emy-katherine.html
Latest Review: 9 Days of Piper Snow by Daniella Blechner
Reading Device: B07953N411

Post by Emy Katherine »

A collection of poems which narrate the author's spiritual journey. An inpirational read for Christians and lovers of poetry. I am not a huge fan of poetry, so I will pass. Thank you for the detailed review!
greekbard_vty
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... Justice</a>
Currently Reading: Child of the Sun Complete Edition
Bookshelf Size: 782
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by greekbard_vty »

I appreciate your review. I love poetry and that hers centers around The Lord just makes it better for me. I also appreciate how you didn't chastise the author and were fair in what you thought. A lot of reviewers, generally speaking would do otherwise. Thanks!
Radiant3
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Healing Your Attachment Wounds
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-radiant3.html
Latest Review: The Final Keystone by John Kevin Crowley

Post by Radiant3 »

Your review was very insightful and thoughtful. This book seems to be well worth reading.
Poetry is as an art form in of itself where the poet is able to express a core message in a very profound manner.
MsTri
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Miranda Ann Markley
Favorite Book: The Spirit Seeds Book 1
Currently Reading: the Secret of Safe Passage
Bookshelf Size: 1033
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mstri.html
Latest Review: Suddenly Free, Vol. 1 by Yvette Carmon Davis
Reading Device: B07HZHJGY7
fav_author_id: 225682

Post by MsTri »

I'm not usually too keen on books of poetry, but I do like the spiritual aspect in this collection, so maybe I'll give it a try. Thanks for the review!
cd2
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by cd2 »

This review was well done. It described the book, what can be found, and what interested you about the book. I could tell that you enjoyed reading the anthology of poetry and found it inspiring. You portrayed the book as an interesting read for everyone, especially those who loved poetry.
Ferdinand_Otieno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

This is a collection of poems which narrate the author's spiritual journey. The book can be found on Amazon Kindle has an inciteful OnlineBookClub review. I rated the book 3 out of 4 stars. Congrats on the BOTD.
Sarah Starling
Favorite Author: Alix E. Harrow
Favorite Book: Starling House
Currently Reading: Love and Other Words
Bookshelf Size: 10084
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-starling.html
Latest Review: Cell Biology For Babies by Dr. Haitham Ahmed
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 176795

Post by Sarah Starling »

I'm not into poems or religion, so I definitely won't read this one. But I'm glad you enjoyed it :)
Louanne Piccolo
Currently Reading: A Judegement in Stone
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-louanne-piccolo.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Louanne Piccolo »

I agree - the cover adds to the allure of the book. I read the sample on Amazon and loved the first poem about the author introducing herself. There's something light and lovely about the whole feel of the book, even though I haven't actually read it yet. I can't quite put my finger on it - is it an upbeat read even though she deals with some heavy topics?
It's likely I will die next to a pile of things I was meaning to read - Lemony Snicket
Scerakor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 315
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scerakor.html
Latest Review: Gaslighting & Narcissistic Abuse Recovery: by Don Barlow

Post by Scerakor »

This sounds like a great collection of poems for both the religious, the nature lovers, and those that appreciate poetry alike.
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

Sounds like a read for people seeking for inspiration. It doesn't matter who told what, what's important is what is been said. Thank you for your review!
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
QueMustReadJA
Favorite Book: Forgiven
Currently Reading: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
Bookshelf Size: 164
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quemustreadja.html
Latest Review: Zeus Defied by Rez Khan

Post by QueMustReadJA »

Wow this books sounds like it has all I truly need right now, honestly🤗😔,all of the above details in the review by Mercy Bolo gives a good summary or the book, author's experience base on what the author shared and the intended message which is, inspiration.
Quegoddessoftheuniverse.business.site
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: People we meet on vacation
Bookshelf Size: 2398
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: You Say Goodbye by Keith Steinbaum
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

The author has complete trust in God, and her faith is admirable. She's mastered the art of worship and praises all of God's creation. Readers who don't subscribe to the Christian faith need not despair, because there's a lot to learn from the book. It taught me to appreciate the beauty of nature and aspire to be one with the Universe. The author also acknowledges that evil lurks beneath the surface, and that it takes a strong-willed individual to resist temptation. Dark themes like mental illness and repression feature in the book, and left me wondering whether the author has had any experience with them.
I really like this! It opens the possibility for pretty much anyone to enjoy these poems.
I like how the author used her imagination to pay tribute to her favorite artists. She penned more than a casual thank you note and played out a scene in which Picasso, Van Gogh, and herself spent the day together. She realistically depicts the artists' personalities, and fans of the painters will enjoy the author's take on the subject.
Being an art lover myself, I think Ill enjoy it!

Great review, it's not easy to review poetry and you did an amazing job, thanks!
dalore
Currently Reading: The Rise of Renegade X
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by dalore »

after close reading , it seems that this is an insightful look into the life of the author using the entertaining medium of poetry. It comes across as a well thought out layout and description of the many aspect and facets of the authors life. It brings a sense of entertainment into it with the poetry without being too generic. A lovely read
Dennis189
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Dennis189 »

From the review, the book appears to be interesting to read. Though not a typical lover of poems, I'll give it a try

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”