Official Review: Kaleidoscope of Being by Jennifer Toth

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mercelle
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 10262">The Wisdom and Peace of the Teachings of the Tao Te Ching</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercelle.html
Latest Review: The Future of Finance and Money by K. Braeden Anderson

Official Review: Kaleidoscope of Being by Jennifer Toth

Post by Mercelle »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Kaleidoscope of Being" by Jennifer Toth.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Kaleidoscope of Being by Jennifer Toth is a collection of poems which narrate the author's spiritual journey. She's older, wiser, and has overcome multiple hurdles to realize a peaceful state of mind.

The author expresses gratitude and challenges readers to see things in a new light. Although she doesn't delve into her personal life, I could tell that she's made self-improvement a priority. Her optimism reflects in the poems. Because Jesus sacrificed himself to save humanity, the author encourages readers to follow His example and love selflessly. She iterates that without self-love, one cannot love someone else.

The author has complete trust in God, and her faith is admirable. She's mastered the art of worship and praises all of God's creation. Readers who don't subscribe to the Christian faith need not despair, because there's a lot to learn from the book. It taught me to appreciate the beauty of nature and aspire to be one with the Universe. The author also acknowledges that evil lurks beneath the surface, and that it takes a strong-willed individual to resist temptation. Dark themes like mental illness and repression feature in the book, and left me wondering whether the author has had any experience with them.

I like how the author used her imagination to pay tribute to her favorite artists. She penned more than a casual thank you note and played out a scene in which Picasso, Van Gogh, and herself spent the day together. She realistically depicts the artists' personalities, and fans of the painters will enjoy the author's take on the subject. Her love for music is a recurring theme, and besides the guitar, she finds rhythm in the tunes of nature. I saw the sense in it because all sounds can be beautiful depending on how one listens to them. There's a melodic tune in the swaying of tree branches, the chirping of birds, and the spatter of rain.

The book's cover and title work together to paint a picture of what readers should expect. It contains a bit of everything, and its length makes it suitable for a quick afternoon read. The text is beautifully formatted with a consistent layout, which makes it easy on the eyes and smoothens the reading experience. There are page breaks after each poem, but the few inconsistencies didn't trouble me. I also noticed a few errors, mostly misspelled words, which I quickly ignored. Because this is a well-crafted work, it deserves a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. I'll recommend this book to lovers of poetry, Christians, and anyone looking for an inspirational read.

Kaleidoscope of Being
View: on Bookshelves

Like Mercy Bolo's review? Post a comment saying so!
"The minimum requirement for a dream is a safe place to lay your head."
~OluTimehin Adegbeye
Book Lover 35
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-lover-35.html
Latest Review: VieVie La Fontaine by Linda Heavner Gerald

Post by Book Lover 35 »

Sounds like a great book of poems. That's great that she is religious. I do wish you could get to know the author a little more personally. Thank you for the review!
:tiphat:
Sonya Nicolaidis
Favorite Book: McDowell
Currently Reading: The Dark Web Murders
Bookshelf Size: 403
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sonya-nicolaidis.html
Latest Review: My Delightfully Dysfunctional Family by Loraine Hartley

Post by Sonya Nicolaidis »

I do like poetry but only in small doses, so I'm not sure how I'd handle a complete anthology. Still, this sounds like a carefully thought out book and a relaxing read. Well done for your considerate handling of it.
Rosemary Khathibe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-khathibe.html
Latest Review: Robotic Warriors by Caglar Juan Singletary

Post by Rosemary Khathibe »

"Because Jesus sacrificed himself to save humanity, the author encourages readers to follow His example and love selflessly. She iterates that without self-love, one cannot love someone else." The book seems to contain inspiring poems indeed. Fascinating review!
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

This one sounds interesting. I appreciate the inspiring nature of the book as we all need a bit of encouragement from time to time. It sounds like we could learn a lot from the author. Thanks.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
T_stone
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-stone.html
Latest Review: Marketing on Fleek by Kobi Ben Meir
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by T_stone »

This book of poetry looks like it contains a lot of relatable poems. The author has also used the book as an avenue to show trader's to trust in God. Although when I saw the title I thought it was Danielle Steele's Kaleidoscope. This is a great review. I'll check this one out.
Feeling upset sometimes may be unavoidable, but acting distressed is always optional.

Rob White
ArielDesousa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by ArielDesousa »

I like how this review is talking about how self improvement is a priority and how it talks about how christianity is bringing life into the air.
Fozia-Bajwa
Currently Reading: The Newton Code
Bookshelf Size: 263
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fozia-bajwa.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Fozia-Bajwa »

without self-love, one cannot love someone else.
I read your review of the book Kaleidoscope of Being BY Jennifer Toth. What an amazing explanation of the love relationship has been done in this review of the book. It is correct and right 100 percent that one cannot love anyone elso without loving self.
booklysis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booklysis.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is not what you think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by booklysis »

I hate trying poetry! But I'm not so sure about this one. I may try it someday.
Sunday diamond
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunday-diamond.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Sunday diamond »

Wow! The book seems to be full of lessons both spiritual lesson and social lessons. So i'll try to add it to my -'want to read' shelve so that i may give it a try someday.
Um9823
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Um9823 »

I love that. "Without self love one cannot love someone else". It also comes to my attention that this is destined to be an amazing blend poems and self evaluation. Self love and faith in God. Looking forward to reading it.
Pedagogy7

Post by Pedagogy7 »

Different people have their own views,but I think poems is a medium in which we express our feelings and emotions.over all it is good .
McKadeemd
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mckadeemd.html
Latest Review: Happy Healing by Dominique Bourlet

Post by McKadeemd »

Nice review, I found it to be thorough and well written. Although poetry is not a style that I am typically drawn to, this book does sound interesting. Thank you for the review!
preethijkumar
Currently Reading: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-preethijkumar.html
Latest Review: A Roadmap To Career Success by John G Bendt

Post by preethijkumar »

Poetry is a definite nod in my list! And to finally find a book that has such a realistic expression of human nature is amazing. Being an ardent reader and writer of poetry, its beautiful how this tool can voice out our feelings in the most intriguing way possible. This book is definitely next in line for my read. Nice review!
Wemmy0812
Currently Reading: Matching Mr. Right

Post by Wemmy0812 »

Though i don't really like poems but this one is wow! I will make sure I add it to my shelf and later

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”