Official Review: Confessions of a MANAHOLIC by P. Pierre

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
zain bhatti
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Re: Official Review: Confessions of a MANAHOLIC by P. Pierre

Post by zain bhatti »

It's good to know you ended up enjoying this book after finding confusing at some point; thereby, giving a very detailed review. now we try to every time best way
Fozia-Bajwa
Currently Reading: The Newton Code
Bookshelf Size: 263
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fozia-bajwa.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Fozia-Bajwa »

i like this book after reading this review becuase a summary has been put in a description manner.
Barchue
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Barchue »

I love the prom of christinaro, went a woman love a man she can do anything to get him, but the best of all lover's are unconditional love.
Shas F
Currently Reading: Monsters in the Hallway
Bookshelf Size: 255
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shas-f.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill

Post by Shas F »

"In as much as it gives you wings, love can also break you to pieces. The poet challenges us to reassess our definition of love and the thin line between love and fixation," so Cristinaro writes in a masterful review of Confessions of a Manaholic by P. Pierre. This last line encapsulates what this book of poems is all about: the uncertainty of what we're feeling that tends to overwhelm us. I believe true love passes many tests, especially time. But what causes fixation? I would love for a psychologist to read this book and make an analysis. Maybe, fixation is more about the person who fixates than the object of desire.
Chelsey Coles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelsey-coles.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Chelsey Coles »

Thank you for your review! You have a very composite way of dissecting poetry. The title immediately caught my eye, reminding me of my beloved series by Sophie Kinsella. The obsessive fixation with men you described makes me want to read it.
“It's far less important to me to be liked these days than to be understood.” :sad-teareye:
― Lionel Shriver, We Need to Talk About Kevin

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”