Official Review: A World Diverse 11 by David Edmond

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
inaramid
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Siege and Storm
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inaramid.html
Latest Review: The Fourth Kinetic by Brady Moore

Re: Official Review: A World Diverse 11 by David Edmond

Post by inaramid »

Poetry and I...we're not friends. And free verse just goes over my head. I do love the messages, and I'm glad the author has a lot to tell. I don't know if I'd understand them if I'd read the poems myself. :)
Manang Muyang
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 685
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

inaramid wrote: 09 Oct 2018, 20:58 Poetry and I...we're not friends. And free verse just goes over my head. I do love the messages, and I'm glad the author has a lot to tell. I don't know if I'd understand them if I'd read the poems myself. :)
I'm sure you will, Kabayan! I just received word about the title of the book; it was definitely an "aha" moment for me. B means birth and D means death. And I consider myself a poet! I shoulda known! (The cover likewise shows a baby and a gravestone on either side of the tree. Blame my bad eyes!)

Thanks for dropping by!
CommMayo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-commmayo.html
Latest Review: Changed by Vicki Stiefel
Reading Device: B00G2Y4WNY

Post by CommMayo »

Way to stick to your guns with your rating. Just because other people don't find fault, doesn't mean there wasn't any!
Manang Muyang
Favorite Book:

Post by Manang Muyang »

CommMayo wrote: 10 Oct 2018, 12:11 Way to stick to your guns with your rating. Just because other people don't find fault, doesn't mean there wasn't any!
Thanks for the visit, CommMayo! Each reader appreciates each book differently; that's the essence of a world diverse.
gen_g
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

Ooh, I see that the publisher re-uploaded the book! I had previously taken this up for review, but the copy I was given only included the cover page. :lol: Nonetheless, it is a pity about the various errors present – it does seem like I might have dodged a bullet...? LOL! Thanks for the stunning review nonetheless, Miriam! :D
Manang Muyang
Favorite Book:

Post by Manang Muyang »

gen_g wrote: 11 Oct 2018, 09:48 Ooh, I see that the publisher re-uploaded the book! I had previously taken this up for review, but the copy I was given only included the cover page. :lol: Nonetheless, it is a pity about the various errors present – it does seem like I might have dodged a bullet...? LOL! Thanks for the stunning review nonetheless, Miriam! :D
Thanks, gen_g! Stunning alright. The author was appropriately stunned, perhaps being used to perfect fours.
EvaDar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evadar.html
Latest Review: Do Not Wish For A Pet Ostrich! by Sarina Siebenaler

Post by EvaDar »

I think I would be torn about this book. It seems many of the poems would be touching and deep. But I do like metaphor and ambiguity in poetry, so this might not be my book. I enjoyed your thorough and balanced review. Thank you.
sit in the ocean. it is one of the best medicines on the planet. – the water
-Nayyirah Waheed
Manang Muyang
Favorite Book:

Post by Manang Muyang »

Eva Darrington wrote: 12 Oct 2018, 00:45 I think I would be torn about this book. It seems many of the poems would be touching and deep. But I do like metaphor and ambiguity in poetry, so this might not be my book. I enjoyed your thorough and balanced review. Thank you.
Thanks for the visit, Eva Darrington. I always look forward to your well-worded and thoughtful replies.
Dolor
Favorite Author: Craig R. Key
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12473
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dolor.html
Latest Review: The Center of Gravity by Patricia Brandon
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 115430

Post by Dolor »

After reading your review, I decided to bypass reading this book. Yes, I had noticed other book reviewers saying these particular books are error-free, but when I read them, I noticed a lot of errors in them.

I'm almost a year here on OBC, but I have not tried reviewing a book of poems.

Thanks for your honest review.

Poems reminded me of Judith - Lincolnshirelass ID. Please send my regards whenever you meet her in the forums.

Thanks in advance.
HollandBlue
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hollandblue.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by HollandBlue »

Thanks for such an insightful review! It seems like the poet explores a lot of experiences that he's had in life. Your explanation of the title above now makes sense-that B means birth and D means death and we come to SEE in between. SEE also being a play on the letter C.
:techie-studyinggray: when I get a little money I buy books; and if I have any left l buy food and clothes
Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamas
(1466-1536)
Manang Muyang
Favorite Book:

Post by Manang Muyang »

Dolor wrote: 12 Oct 2018, 04:19 After reading your review, I decided to bypass reading this book. Yes, I had noticed other book reviewers saying these particular books are error-free, but when I read them, I noticed a lot of errors in them.

I'm almost a year here on OBC, but I have not tried reviewing a book of poems.

Thanks for your honest review.

Poems reminded me of Judith - Lincolnshirelass ID. Please send my regards whenever you meet her in the forums.

Thanks in advance.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Inday. Are you back in the Philippines? Spontaneous poetry is making waves in the country these days, courtesy of some teleserye.

Judith seems to have packed her bags. I didn't get a reply to a PM I sent her months ago. I miss her, too.
Manang Muyang
Favorite Book:

Post by Manang Muyang »

BookReader+6 wrote: 12 Oct 2018, 07:13 Thanks for such an insightful review! It seems like the poet explores a lot of experiences that he's had in life. Your explanation of the title above now makes sense-that B means birth and D means death and we come to SEE in between. SEE also being a play on the letter C.
I wish the author included that explanation in the book. It interprets the cover as well. The cover art available online was hazy, and the copy I got didn't include a cover. I wouldn't have changed my rating, but one less disappointment would have been most welcome.

Thanks for the visit, word-guesser!

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”