Official Review: The Bible In Poetry by Teresa Schultz

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Official Review: The Bible In Poetry by Teresa Schultz

Post by kdstrack »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Bible In Poetry" by Teresa Schultz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Bible in Poetry, Volume 1: The Old Testament by Teresa Schultz is a work of drama and poetry. This book offers readers an easy way to learn or to review the Biblical truths of the Old Testament by using a simple and intriguing approach.

The author starts with Genesis and systematically works through the books of the Old Testament. Several books have not been included. These books are Job, Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, and Song of Solomon. Each chapter presents the principal events and characters of that book. These summaries appear in poetry verse composed of four lines each. This format continues throughout the entire book. The stanzas do not always rhyme.

Various chapters also incorporate a section titled “Sidebar.” The Sidebar applies the main truths found in that book. These sidebars also introduce details about the author’s past. She shares her conflicts and how God healed her from perturbing emotional challenges.

The author has also composed several original poems. The chapters dedicated to Nehemiah, Isaiah, Jeremiah, and Ezekiel contain these beautiful verses. These original poems were my favorite part of the book. They are touching. Teresa’s writing is transparent and motivating.

I found the author’s honesty and point of view refreshing. Expressions like, “I rebelled,” and “I was guilty of…” surface throughout the document. Her passion and conflicts permit her to empathize with others who encounter these same problems. She does not blame others for her decisions and behaviors. Neither does she advise the reader to search for answers inside of themselves. Our sins reveal inner weaknesses. We require something greater than our heart and mind to solve the problem. God supplies the victory through the forgiveness He offers and freely gives. The solutions and encouragement proposed by the author arise from a humble heart. Teresa pours out her heart and uses her experiences to encourage others to place their hope in a God of grace.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. The text is well written, with negligible grammar errors. It is an uplifting book suitable for a wide audience. I recommend this book to all students of the Bible as a quick review of each book of the Old Testament. Parents could share this book with their children. The summaries are an engaging way to teach the Bible to young hearts. Teresa’s story will also give hope to people who have grappled with emotional problems.

The Bible In Poetry
View: on Bookshelves

Like kdstrack's review? Post a comment saying so!
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Sounds like an interesting way to recap the Bible and get to know the content a bit better. I'm glad that there were few errors; that makes it even more readable. The Sidebar is a great idea as well. I'll have to put this one on my list. Thanks!
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
kdstrack

Post by kdstrack »

kandscreeley wrote: 17 Sep 2018, 09:04 Sounds like an interesting way to recap the Bible and get to know the content a bit better. I'm glad that there were few errors; that makes it even more readable. The Sidebar is a great idea as well. I'll have to put this one on my list. Thanks!
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. The Sidebars add a special interest to the reading. It's always nice when a book had been professionally edited.
Dael Reader
Currently Reading: The Story of Arthur Truluv
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dael-reader.html
Latest Review: Extraordinary Stories From Everyday People (and me) by Les Clark
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Dael Reader »

I am intrigued by the idea of poetic summaries for biblical texts. Thanks for this recommendation.
kdstrack

Post by kdstrack »

Dael Reader wrote: 17 Sep 2018, 15:03 I am intrigued by the idea of poetic summaries for biblical texts. Thanks for this recommendation.
They are very well done. They don't always rhyme, but more importantly, they do cover all the important facts of each book. Hope you enjoy it!
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

From your review, I would definitely want to check this book out. Its presentation of the Holy Scriptures is both refreshing and ingenious. It's a good example of how one can personalize the Biblical teachings to one's situation. Thanks for a wonderful review.
kdstrack

Post by kdstrack »

Quinto wrote: 17 Sep 2018, 22:15 From your review, I would definitely want to check this book out. Its presentation of the Holy Scriptures is both refreshing and ingenious. It's a good example of how one can personalize the Biblical teachings to one's situation. Thanks for a wonderful review.
I enjoyed this new approach to reading the Bible. It is a good way to review. This style of presenting Biblical teachings is also very motivating. Hope you enjoy it!
crediblereading2
Currently Reading: Bitroux
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: SSN Seadragon by J P Ronald

Post by crediblereading2 »

This is a fresh approach to interpreting the Bible. It is original and very creative. Thank you for your insightful review of this book.
kdstrack

Post by kdstrack »

crediblereading2 wrote: 19 Sep 2018, 23:07 This is a fresh approach to interpreting the Bible. It is original and very creative. Thank you for your insightful review of this book.
This book is very inspirational. You will love the poems she has written. Hope you can read it soon!
Mindy Conahye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mindy-conahye.html
Latest Review: WIND by Ellen Dee Davidson

Post by Mindy Conahye »

Your review makes this book sound like a good read. It seems to be a book to read when looking for something uplifting and inspirational.
Mac :techie-reference:
kdstrack

Post by kdstrack »

mac83 wrote: 20 Sep 2018, 10:29 Your review makes this book sound like a good read. It seems to be a book to read when looking for something uplifting and inspirational.
Yes. This book is both things. Hope you enjoy it.
Helen_Combe
Favorite Book: The Martian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-combe.html
Latest Review: And The Trees Began To Move by Lisa Gammon Olson
Reading Device: B00M4L4MFC

Post by Helen_Combe »

Great review and an interesting approach to write about the Bible in this way.
A thesaurus is necessary, essential, indispensable, vital, crucial and fundamental.
kdstrack

Post by kdstrack »

Helen_Combe wrote: 25 Sep 2018, 03:13 Great review and an interesting approach to write about the Bible in this way.
I was quite impressed by her approach. Many authors who attempt this type of writing give in to embellishing the text. The poetry summaries of the Biblical texts were accurate. The author limited her personal comments to the Sidebars and her personal poems. That, coupled with the lack of errors, made for a very enjoyable read. Hope you have a chance to enjoy it too!
liftedbooks
Currently Reading: The Ansgar Treasury
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-liftedbooks.html
Latest Review: The Embalmer by Vincent Zandri

Post by liftedbooks »

This sounds like a really refreshing way to learn the Bible. I love poetry so I know I will enjoy this. Great review!
kdstrack

Post by kdstrack »

liftedbooks wrote: 29 Sep 2018, 08:59 This sounds like a really refreshing way to learn the Bible. I love poetry so I know I will enjoy this. Great review!
It was refreshing and very well done. I really enjoyed the author's unique approach to presenting Biblical content. Hope you enjoy it too!

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”