Official Review: Journey of a Bedroom Poet

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kareka88
Favorite Book: A Ring of Endless Light
Currently Reading: The Rooster Bar
Bookshelf Size: 302
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kareka88.html
Latest Review: Will of The Hill by Marshall Cobb
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Official Review: Journey of a Bedroom Poet

Post by Kareka88 »

It almost sounds like self-help topics set to poetry. Her poems sound encouraging and enlightening. Thank you for your review.
"Life is an occasion - rise to it." Mr. Magorian
K Geisinger
Currently Reading: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k-geisinger.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by K Geisinger »

I'm glad you enjoyed the collection of poetry but I'm going to pass on the collection. I can read one or two at a time, but find it impossible to read and devour poetry for hours. Thank you for your review.
"To learn to read is to light a fire; every syllable that is spelled out is a spark." (Victor Hugo)
Shas F
Currently Reading: Monsters in the Hallway
Bookshelf Size: 255
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shas-f.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill

Post by Shas F »

Journey of a Bedroom Poet by Catherine Napalai Faulder is a perfect book to inspire those who are trying to find a way out of their comfort zones, step out into the world, take a risk and fulfill their dreams. The words in this book say it's not going to be easy but staying in one's bedroom is harder in the long run. After reading the opening pages of the book, I reflect on how much fear, loneliness and depression have gripped young people as they try to live meaningful lives and thrive in this world. Fortunately, Millenials are more than willing to discuss and confront these issues and social conditions that make it harder for them to shape their lives according to their dreams and true selves. Faulder's book of poems is an example of facing the issue to pursue dreams despite the obstacles put up by discrimination in various forms. Congratulations to Catherine Napalai Faulder! Also thumbs up to the review of EmunahAn: "The collection contains an urge from the poet to the reader to step into the unknown and go after their dreams fiercely without restraint or regret. ... Faulder encouraged me to define who I am without much care to how the world perceives me. Additionally, I was reminded of the value of developing relationships with people who value me without asserting their own opinions of the person that they want me to be."
Last edited by Shas F on 11 Oct 2018, 20:42, edited 1 time in total.
lavellan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lavellan.html
Latest Review: encoded by Richard Nedbal

Post by lavellan »

Thanks for your review! I'm curious to learn about the struggles the author faced as a British-Thai woman. Poetry is such an expressive medium. I like how she encourages readers to separate themselves from the world and discover their true selves. Her thoughts on social media are also poignant.
happynessc0
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-happynessc0.html
Latest Review: Four Funny Potatoes! by Len Foley

Post by happynessc0 »

I appreciate the topics in this book, I think they are greatly inspiring and promising. Thanks for the review.
Allyseria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-allyseria.html
Latest Review: Choosing Happiness by Emily Hunter Slingluff

Post by Allyseria »

You had me at Thai! I'm also of mixed heritage, one-half of being Thai so I already feel related to Catherine. I think I would understand her poems as I too, on many occasions, feel separatism. I also like that she added a touch of humour to the images.
mariakavo88
Currently Reading: Raven's Fall
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariakavo88.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by mariakavo88 »

I've never been much of a poetry reader. With that being said I do enjoy a good poem every now and then. I haven't read poetry in so long, it seems like an interesting read and like it would be a good book to wake up to and read a poem to start off your day. Thanks for the review.
mariaanap
Favorite Book: Journey of a Bedroom Poet
Currently Reading: The Barnyard Buddies STOP for Peace
Bookshelf Size: 11
2024 Reading Goal: 726
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by mariaanap »

This book brought memories to the past. I love how the author brought me back 35 years ago. I maybe a nerd in school back then but the bedroom was a place where I would spend writing on all sort of things from journals, love letters, doing school works or a a comfort for my emotions. "Happy face. Happy face. Happy place. This is just Another phase. When fifty comes I pray to God it'll go away" but it never did. Thirty five years later it is still the same. How I love to share this book with my daughter and her millennial friends. They love to lock themselves in my daughter's bedroom where I can find pieces of paper with poetry written on it.
CinWin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 311
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cinwin.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Post by CinWin »

Good review. Funny - you said that this would be a good book for lovers of poetry. I never have really liked poetry, but this book really touched me. I really enjoyed it! Thanks again for the review.
----"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."----
LV2R
Favorite Book: Crown of Crimson (The Afterlight Chronicles Book 1)
Currently Reading: Roan
Bookshelf Size: 345
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lv2r.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by LV2R »

The humorous images used surely added to the author's messages of her poems. I am glad that poet lovers will enjoy this collection of poetry. The message seems to be a positive one about not being afraid of finding out who you are and being all that you are meant to be.
Sicily Joy
Currently Reading: Becoming
Bookshelf Size: 906
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sicily-joy.html
Latest Review: What's Your Favorite Color? by Amber L Lassiter

Post by Sicily Joy »

This sounds like a motivating book from the idea of developing a healthy relationship to defining oneself separate from others expectations. I will definitely be reading this one. Thank you for your great review.
TheTrueNyree
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thetruenyree.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by TheTrueNyree »

"The collection contains an urge from the poet to the reader to step into the unknown and go after their dreams fiercely without restraint or regret. This is particularly felt in the poem, Your Visual. Faulder encouraged me to define who I am without much care to how the world perceives me. Additionally, I was reminded of the value of developing relationships with people who value me without asserting their own opinions of the person that they want me to be. " this definitely sound like me. I try to live my life being the best me I can, without apology. I will not let other people perception of me or what they think I should be doing define me. And I now surround myself with like minded people. People that accept me for me, without judgement. My circle is really small. I just may check this one out.
revna01
Currently Reading: Storm Front
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-revna01.html
Latest Review: Rufus: A Boy's Extraordinary Experiences in the Civil War by Phoebe Sheldon

Post by revna01 »

It's a delicate balance to offer poetry that speaks to the author's personal truth whilst also nudging the reader to find their own relevance within it. The author combines her insights with vulnerability, wisdom and humor, making this a personal yet relatable collection. Great review.
Mouricia Allen
Currently Reading: Covet (Fallen Angels Series #1)
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mouricia25.html
Latest Review: The Life Inside Maggie Pincus by David I. Billingham
Reading Device: B01N3UC27N

Post by Mouricia Allen »

Great review. The book seems to have good content, but it does not seem like a book I would sit down and read.
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1887
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

In the 'Official Review: Journey of a Bedroom Poet by Catherine Napalai Faulder' the points other than the theme are well discussed towards it's ending! The element of humor has been skillfully added to this description. In fact, the review does it's job of keeping us informed about the book!

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”