Official Review: Best Evidence by Mark S. Osaki

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Post Reply
User avatar
gen_g
Posts: 1380
Joined: 22 Apr 2018, 10:31
Currently Reading: Beyond Absolute
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: Sanguine-love by Iva Schubart

Re: Official Review: Best Evidence by Mark S. Osaki

Post by gen_g » 04 Jul 2018, 10:27

ButterscotchCherrie wrote:
03 Jul 2018, 12:08
I'm very keen on prose poetry; it's good to know that this is out there. I particularly liked the sound of the triple play on the word pen - very clever.
In this case, I do think that you might enjoy it. Thanks for stopping by, I appreciate it!

User avatar
kfwilson6
Previous Member of the Month
Posts: 2042
Joined: 14 Feb 2018, 15:30
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 100
Currently Reading: The Stone Wall Crossing
Bookshelf Size: 297
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfwilson6.html
Latest Review: The Shiny Little Pebble by Pauline Pipa
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by kfwilson6 » 05 Jul 2018, 22:26

This is a really wonderfully written review. I really don't like poetry, never have. Can't even explain why. But I love this review. The poems sound incredibly emotional and raw.

User avatar
gen_g
Posts: 1380
Joined: 22 Apr 2018, 10:31
Currently Reading: Beyond Absolute
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: Sanguine-love by Iva Schubart

Post by gen_g » 06 Jul 2018, 09:34

kfwilson6 wrote:
05 Jul 2018, 22:26
This is a really wonderfully written review. I really don't like poetry, never have. Can't even explain why. But I love this review. The poems sound incredibly emotional and raw.
To be honest, I don't read poems often as well, but this one touched me somehow. Thanks for stopping by!

User avatar
Benard Aisakhuoghena
Posts: 5
Joined: 12 Apr 2018, 17:32
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Benard Aisakhuoghena » 06 Jul 2018, 12:05

The review is unique, keep it up! I love the story line, I couldn't sleep yesterday because of how intrigue this poem. I really love to read this kind of book!

User avatar
inaramid
Posts: 664
Joined: 04 Nov 2017, 11:22
2018 Reading Goal: 48
2017 Reading Goal: 10
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 75
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 30
Currently Reading: Siege and Storm
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inaramid.html
Latest Review: You Can Totally Do This by Joy Tonbara Ikumoinein

Post by inaramid » 07 Jul 2018, 01:57

Like some here, I do not read poems all that much (I only like those that rhyme :)). However, the portrayal of women aside, the book sounds wonderful enough that it might be worth a shot. I'm particularly interested in how the author handled Asian-American stereotypes. Thank you for this review.

User avatar
gen_g
Posts: 1380
Joined: 22 Apr 2018, 10:31
Currently Reading: Beyond Absolute
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: Sanguine-love by Iva Schubart

Post by gen_g » 07 Jul 2018, 02:57

Benard Aisakhuoghena wrote:
06 Jul 2018, 12:05
The review is unique, keep it up! I love the story line, I couldn't sleep yesterday because of how intrigue this poem. I really love to read this kind of book!
Thank you for leaving a kind comment! I hope that you get yourself a copy soon, it was a great read. :)

User avatar
gen_g
Posts: 1380
Joined: 22 Apr 2018, 10:31
Currently Reading: Beyond Absolute
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: Sanguine-love by Iva Schubart

Post by gen_g » 07 Jul 2018, 02:58

inaramid wrote:
07 Jul 2018, 01:57
Like some here, I do not read poems all that much (I only like those that rhyme :)). However, the portrayal of women aside, the book sounds wonderful enough that it might be worth a shot. I'm particularly interested in how the author handled Asian-American stereotypes. Thank you for this review.
The author spoke at length about the stereotypes/culture he was a part of (ok I guess it was more like I inferred it LOL), and it is worth a read. Thank you for stopping by! :)

User avatar
Sarah Tariq
Posts: 1369
Joined: 17 Mar 2017, 02:17
2018 Reading Goal: 25
2017 Reading Goal: 15
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 88
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 46
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-tariq.html
Latest Review: A Thousand Seeds of Joy by Ananda Karunesh
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Sarah Tariq » 07 Jul 2018, 09:22

Depiction of Asian-American culture, political games and its impact people's life all makes this book a touching read. Few prose's offer such subjects. Thanks for your comprehensive review.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

User avatar
gen_g
Posts: 1380
Joined: 22 Apr 2018, 10:31
Currently Reading: Beyond Absolute
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: Sanguine-love by Iva Schubart

Post by gen_g » 08 Jul 2018, 05:43

Sarah Tariq wrote:
07 Jul 2018, 09:22
Depiction of Asian-American culture, political games and its impact people's life all makes this book a touching read. Few prose's offer such subjects. Thanks for your comprehensive review.
Thank you for stopping by Sarah! I do agree, not many books offer such depth of emotion - I was certainly lucky to come across it.

User avatar
Bonnie Shelby
Posts: 346
Joined: 12 May 2018, 20:07
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bonnie-shelby.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Bonnie Shelby » 08 Jul 2018, 13:47

Your review was extremely impressive! You have a level of writing I hope to one day achieve :)

I don't read poetry, though. It's never been something that's caught my interest, so I appreciated your definition of prose. I wouldn't have known what that was otherwise.

User avatar
gen_g
Posts: 1380
Joined: 22 Apr 2018, 10:31
Currently Reading: Beyond Absolute
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: Sanguine-love by Iva Schubart

Post by gen_g » 08 Jul 2018, 22:11

Bonnie Shelby wrote:
08 Jul 2018, 13:47
Your review was extremely impressive! You have a level of writing I hope to one day achieve :)

I don't read poetry, though. It's never been something that's caught my interest, so I appreciated your definition of prose. I wouldn't have known what that was otherwise.
Hi Bonnie! Thank you for the compliment - I appreciate it very much. :) I'm glad that you enjoyed the review. I thought that it might be good to insert a definition when I was drafting the review, and I'm happy that it was useful for you!

User avatar
Humble8
Posts: 29
Joined: 19 Jun 2018, 08:12
Favorite Author: R.D. Base
Favorite Book: Toni the Superhero
Currently Reading: The Housemaid
Bookshelf Size: 59
fav_author_id: 125945

Post by Humble8 » 09 Jul 2018, 09:24

I think I will learn more about the book,yes,the review is such a review that draw much of my attention. love it I proud to read this one. Thanks

User avatar
gen_g
Posts: 1380
Joined: 22 Apr 2018, 10:31
Currently Reading: Beyond Absolute
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: Sanguine-love by Iva Schubart

Post by gen_g » 09 Jul 2018, 09:36

Humble8 wrote:
09 Jul 2018, 09:24
I think I will learn more about the book,yes,the review is such a review that draw much of my attention. love it I proud to read this one. Thanks
Thank you very much for stopping by! If you do pick up this book, I certainly hope you will enjoy it as much as I did. (:

User avatar
Jennifer Fernandez
Posts: 226
Joined: 09 Jun 2018, 21:30
2018 Reading Goal: 10
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 210
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-fernandez.html
Latest Review: The Enemy In Me by Jacob Newell Campbell

Post by Jennifer Fernandez » 09 Jul 2018, 18:33

I enjoyed prose poetry on a class back in college. I might give this one a shot specially because of the war theme. I wonder if the negative representation of women has more to do with the times described and not the actual opinion of the author.

User avatar
Cecilia_L
Posts: 1485
Joined: 08 Jun 2018, 22:16
Currently Reading: Split Second
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cecilia-l.html
Latest Review: New York Linked Up Part 1 Manhattan by Colleen Katz

Post by Cecilia_L » 09 Jul 2018, 21:26

From the title, I was surprised to find this was a collection of poetry. I thought it was a mystery or court drama. It does sound interesting, but it's unfortunate about the author's sexist portrayal of women. Great review!

Post Reply

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”