Official Review: Best Evidence by Mark S. Osaki

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
gen_g
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Re: Official Review: Best Evidence by Mark S. Osaki

Post by gen_g »

ButterscotchCherrie wrote: 03 Jul 2018, 12:08 I'm very keen on prose poetry; it's good to know that this is out there. I particularly liked the sound of the triple play on the word pen - very clever.
In this case, I do think that you might enjoy it. Thanks for stopping by, I appreciate it!
kfwilson6
Currently Reading: Lord of Chaos
Bookshelf Size: 298
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfwilson6.html
Latest Review: The Stone Wall Crossing by Alice Schellhorn Magrane
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by kfwilson6 »

This is a really wonderfully written review. I really don't like poetry, never have. Can't even explain why. But I love this review. The poems sound incredibly emotional and raw.
gen_g
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

kfwilson6 wrote: 05 Jul 2018, 22:26 This is a really wonderfully written review. I really don't like poetry, never have. Can't even explain why. But I love this review. The poems sound incredibly emotional and raw.
To be honest, I don't read poems often as well, but this one touched me somehow. Thanks for stopping by!
Benard Aisakhuoghena
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Benard Aisakhuoghena »

The review is unique, keep it up! I love the story line, I couldn't sleep yesterday because of how intrigue this poem. I really love to read this kind of book!
inaramid
Currently Reading: Siege and Storm
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inaramid.html
Latest Review: The Fourth Kinetic by Brady Moore

Post by inaramid »

Like some here, I do not read poems all that much (I only like those that rhyme :)). However, the portrayal of women aside, the book sounds wonderful enough that it might be worth a shot. I'm particularly interested in how the author handled Asian-American stereotypes. Thank you for this review.
gen_g

Post by gen_g »

Benard Aisakhuoghena wrote: 06 Jul 2018, 12:05 The review is unique, keep it up! I love the story line, I couldn't sleep yesterday because of how intrigue this poem. I really love to read this kind of book!
Thank you for leaving a kind comment! I hope that you get yourself a copy soon, it was a great read. :)
gen_g

Post by gen_g »

inaramid wrote: 07 Jul 2018, 01:57 Like some here, I do not read poems all that much (I only like those that rhyme :)). However, the portrayal of women aside, the book sounds wonderful enough that it might be worth a shot. I'm particularly interested in how the author handled Asian-American stereotypes. Thank you for this review.
The author spoke at length about the stereotypes/culture he was a part of (ok I guess it was more like I inferred it LOL), and it is worth a read. Thank you for stopping by! :)
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

Depiction of Asian-American culture, political games and its impact people's life all makes this book a touching read. Few prose's offer such subjects. Thanks for your comprehensive review.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
gen_g

Post by gen_g »

Sarah Tariq wrote: 07 Jul 2018, 09:22 Depiction of Asian-American culture, political games and its impact people's life all makes this book a touching read. Few prose's offer such subjects. Thanks for your comprehensive review.
Thank you for stopping by Sarah! I do agree, not many books offer such depth of emotion - I was certainly lucky to come across it.
Bonnie Shelby
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bonnie-shelby.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Bonnie Shelby »

Your review was extremely impressive! You have a level of writing I hope to one day achieve :)

I don't read poetry, though. It's never been something that's caught my interest, so I appreciated your definition of prose. I wouldn't have known what that was otherwise.
gen_g

Post by gen_g »

Bonnie Shelby wrote: 08 Jul 2018, 13:47 Your review was extremely impressive! You have a level of writing I hope to one day achieve :)

I don't read poetry, though. It's never been something that's caught my interest, so I appreciated your definition of prose. I wouldn't have known what that was otherwise.
Hi Bonnie! Thank you for the compliment - I appreciate it very much. :) I'm glad that you enjoyed the review. I thought that it might be good to insert a definition when I was drafting the review, and I'm happy that it was useful for you!
Humble8
Favorite Author: R.D. Base
Favorite Book: Toni the Superhero
Currently Reading: The Housemaid
Bookshelf Size: 59
fav_author_id: 125945

Post by Humble8 »

I think I will learn more about the book,yes,the review is such a review that draw much of my attention. love it I proud to read this one. Thanks
gen_g

Post by gen_g »

Humble8 wrote: 09 Jul 2018, 09:24 I think I will learn more about the book,yes,the review is such a review that draw much of my attention. love it I proud to read this one. Thanks
Thank you very much for stopping by! If you do pick up this book, I certainly hope you will enjoy it as much as I did. (:
Jennifer Fernandez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-fernandez.html
Latest Review: The Enemy In Me by Jacob Newell Campbell

Post by Jennifer Fernandez »

I enjoyed prose poetry on a class back in college. I might give this one a shot specially because of the war theme. I wonder if the negative representation of women has more to do with the times described and not the actual opinion of the author.
Cecilia_L
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 436
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cecilia-l.html
Latest Review: No Rushing when Brushing by Humairah Shah

Post by Cecilia_L »

From the title, I was surprised to find this was a collection of poetry. I thought it was a mystery or court drama. It does sound interesting, but it's unfortunate about the author's sexist portrayal of women. Great review!

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”