Official Review: Best Evidence by Mark S. Osaki

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
gen_g
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Re: Official Review: Best Evidence by Mark S. Osaki

Post by gen_g »

ParadoxicalWoman wrote: 26 Jun 2018, 09:10 This sounds like a good read and I think I can relate with the author being Asian-American. I'm not American obviously, but I do know how is it feel like being an Asian in a country predominantly with the whites. I cringed at the implied sexist part but I will risk reading this because someone has reminded me that a few weeks ago that "every book deserves a chance." By the way, good review!
I'm not American too, but having lived in a country predominantly white for some time, I can too relate with the author to a certain extent! Thank you for stopping by to leave a comment, and I hope that you will enjoy this read still! :D
Harview
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harview.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Harview »

You are a fantastic reviewer. I will find this collection and I will read it.
revna01
Currently Reading: Storm Front
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-revna01.html
Latest Review: Rufus: A Boy's Extraordinary Experiences in the Civil War by Phoebe Sheldon

Post by revna01 »

As Helen mentioned, I think there was a definite culture clash over the portrayal of women. I was a little thrown off by the title, as it sounds more befitting a crime novel. In any case, thanks for an awesome review, Gen!
anwidmer
Favorite Book: The knowing
Currently Reading: The Awakening
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anwidmer.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by anwidmer »

I agree definitely not one for the faint of heart. Once again I thoroughly enjoyed your review thank you for such a good and thorough workup of a book that I otherwise may not have read
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

It certainly is a great talent if one can convert his feeling into words, and write them in form of a poem. That is a true success of a poet. Thank you for a descriptive review!
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
gen_g
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

Harview wrote: 26 Jun 2018, 15:03 You are a fantastic reviewer. I will find this collection and I will read it.
Thank you very much for your kind compliment; I hope that you will enjoy the book!
gen_g

Post by gen_g »

SABRADLEY wrote: 26 Jun 2018, 15:03 As Helen mentioned, I think there was a definite culture clash over the portrayal of women. I was a little thrown off by the title, as it sounds more befitting a crime novel. In any case, thanks for an awesome review, Gen!
I was also surprised when browsing the books available for review that time! :lol: Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment as always, Sabradley!
gen_g

Post by gen_g »

Sahani Nimandra wrote: 26 Jun 2018, 21:23 It certainly is a great talent if one can convert his feeling into words, and write them in form of a poem. That is a true success of a poet. Thank you for a descriptive review!
I wholeheartedly agree. Thank you for taking the time to read the review as well as to leave a comment, Sahani!
gen_g

Post by gen_g »

anwidmer wrote: 26 Jun 2018, 16:18 I agree definitely not one for the faint of heart. Once again I thoroughly enjoyed your review thank you for such a good and thorough workup of a book that I otherwise may not have read
Indeed, the poems hit hard! Thank you for your kind comments. :D
gen_g

Post by gen_g »

Ana-Maria-Diana wrote: 27 Jun 2018, 04:45 Interesting approach to this issue. It gives the reader high expectations about what is going to happen.
Thank you for stopping by to leave a comment!
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

thanks for the great review of the book by Osaki’s which portrays the authors nice works and also your score may suggest to consider gender equality in next revisions
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
daniya__shah3
Currently Reading: Wuthering Heights
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniya-shah3.html
Latest Review: Lonely Expiation by Siegfried Finser

Post by daniya__shah3 »

I'm always a bit hesitant whenever I have to pick a book of poetry. However, your review makes it sound like an interesting book. Might give it a read sometimes.
"We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar Wilde
gen_g

Post by gen_g »

sanjus wrote: 27 Jun 2018, 11:09 thanks for the great review of the book by Osaki’s which portrays the authors nice works and also your score may suggest to consider gender equality in next revisions
Thanks for stopping by! (:
gen_g

Post by gen_g »

daniya__shah3 wrote: 27 Jun 2018, 12:02 I'm always a bit hesitant whenever I have to pick a book of poetry. However, your review makes it sound like an interesting book. Might give it a read sometimes.
It was an interesting read. If you decide to pick it up I hope you will enjoy it too. Thank you for stopping by! (:
Ana-Maria-Diana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ana-maria-diana.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Ana-Maria-Diana »

The poems have amazing themes. Thank you for the review. I can't wait to read them.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”