Official Review: Best Evidence by Mark S. Osaki

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Fozia-Bajwa
Currently Reading: The Newton Code
Bookshelf Size: 263
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fozia-bajwa.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Re: Official Review: Best Evidence by Mark S. Osaki

Post by Fozia-Bajwa »

This is a book you have chosen named Best Evidence by Mark S.Osaki. I have read your review. Asian American stereotypes have been explained well in detail in your review.
gen_g
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

Fozia-Bajwa wrote: 10 Oct 2018, 11:49 This is a book you have chosen named Best Evidence by Mark S.Osaki. I have read your review. Asian American stereotypes have been explained well in detail in your review.
Thanks for stopping by.
Kajori Sheryl Paul
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 958
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kajori-sheryl-paul.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Kajori Sheryl Paul »

I was first drawn into the world of prose poetry by T.S. Eliot. Since then, I have always liked reading them. This book seems to represent the clash of cultural identities in an apt manner. However, I am not too keen about the negative representation of women.

Thank you for the amazing review.
gen_g
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

Kajori50 wrote: 15 Oct 2018, 04:57 I was first drawn into the world of prose poetry by T.S. Eliot. Since then, I have always liked reading them. This book seems to represent the clash of cultural identities in an apt manner. However, I am not too keen about the negative representation of women.

Thank you for the amazing review.
Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate it!
Sahar Majid
Currently Reading: World, Incorporated
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahar-majid.html
Latest Review: Iron Crossed by Renata Rose and Phil Rose

Post by Sahar Majid »

This book sounds very interesting but unfortunately the disparaging of women really put me off. Nonetheless, I might still give it a try, especially if it seems this flaw was unintentional. I love your analysis of the book and the author himself. Thank you for the honest review!
gen_g

Post by gen_g »

Sahar Majid wrote: 04 Nov 2018, 03:31 This book sounds very interesting but unfortunately the disparaging of women really put me off. Nonetheless, I might still give it a try, especially if it seems this flaw was unintentional. I love your analysis of the book and the author himself. Thank you for the honest review!
Thank you for the compliment! If you decide to pick it up, I certainly hope that you will enjoy it as much as I did. Thank you for stopping by, I really do appreciate it!
Desitt
Currently Reading: Miguel Street
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-desitt.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by Desitt »

I am not too familiar with poetry at all, far less prose poetry. I am quite intrigued, however, at determining how culture, traditions and stereotypes would be depicted in this type of format. Very interesting review, @gen_g.
ShiRah185
Currently Reading: Knowing He's There
Bookshelf Size: 180
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shirah185.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Loved Caravaggio by Belle Ami

Post by ShiRah185 »

Review: Official Review: Best Evidence by Mark S. Osaki
by: ShiRah185

I always appreciate the employment of multiple entendre on simple words such as "pen". I am tempted to read this collection in spite of the blatant sexism. Good review.
Adriane33
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Adriane33 »

I'm just new in this site and enjoying reading it. You did a fantastic job
Aan Granados
Currently Reading: Massacre Rocks
Bookshelf Size: 873
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aan-granados.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by Aan Granados »

This book of poetry has great topics, like his experience as an Asian American in the US. That being said poetry is not my thing. Appreciate your review though.
Ub43I59
Favorite Book: For the Love of God
Currently Reading: The Judge
Bookshelf Size: 109

Post by Ub43I59 »

Best Evidence by Mark S. Osaki takes the reader on an introspective journey through thoughts and emotions as he uses mastery of language in poetry to highlight racial prejudice, war, and its resultant psychological after-effects in the metaphorical pen of patriarchal Asian-American culture. :eusa-think: Detailed review. Congrats on BOTD.
Bluebird03
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluebird03.html
Latest Review: Retort and Retribution by Jak Dello

Post by Bluebird03 »

I, too, am disappointed in the portrayal of women- as your review pointed out. Great job on the review!
aliebs
Favorite Book: 2X2 on the Ark: Five Secrets of a Great Relationship
Currently Reading: Beyond Dreams
Bookshelf Size: 131

Post by aliebs »

This book is really interesting especially the poems. How Mark writes the poems makes the reading in the real picture of the situtation. Beautiful poems.
gen_g

Post by gen_g »

Desitt wrote: 23 Apr 2019, 09:58 I am not too familiar with poetry at all, far less prose poetry. I am quite intrigued, however, at determining how culture, traditions and stereotypes would be depicted in this type of format. Very interesting review, @gen_g.
Thanks for stopping by! It was a fascinating collection indeed.
gen_g

Post by gen_g »

ShiRah185 wrote: 23 Apr 2019, 10:09 Review: Official Review: Best Evidence by Mark S. Osaki
by: ShiRah185

I always appreciate the employment of multiple entendre on simple words such as "pen". I am tempted to read this collection in spite of the blatant sexism. Good review.
It was still a good book despite its flaws, I certainly recommend it. Thanks for stopping by!

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”