An Accidental Messiah By Dan Sofer

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Birdlady1950
Currently Reading: Let's Meet God
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-birdlady1950.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

An Accidental Messiah By Dan Sofer

Post by Birdlady1950 »

STORY-LINE:

Moshe Karlin, the founder of the Dry Bone Society, finds himself in the middle of political intrigue where it's almost impossible to tell friend from foe. The Dry Bone Society's filling with resurrected from all times, places, and walks of life. Moshe is determined to find a way to give the resurrected rights and privileges. Meanwhile, things are heating up with public opinion and the "undead" as they're called by some.

Different factions want to align with Moshe, for reasons of their own, from brutal criminals to politicians. A doubting prophet is trying to find his way in today's world, a young scientist discovers the secret to global peace, and the Messiah seems to be late in making his/her appearance. Come along with Moshe and the "undead/resurrected" as they find their place in the world. My book reviews follow.

CHARACTERS, PLOTTING, DEVELOPMENT:

Whether you are Jewish, Christian, or a non-believer, you will find this series an action-packed thrill ride. Seen from the Jewish perspective of the Messiah who is yet to come and redemption, I was fascinated and could not read fast enough. With excellent plotting, Dan Sofer continues Moshe's trials as he helps the resurrected and resolves his personal life. The second tale follows the struggles of the resurrected as they have no rights and the Dry Bone Society's determination to change the status quo.

With continuing characters from the first tale, you will see many of your favorites and, of course, Elijah or Eli. Confused and sure he was wrong about the Messiah and traumatized by his resurrection, Elijah carry's on with his life; without prophetic messages coming through from the "thin voice." Noga convinced him he is not an ageless prophet doing God's work. He and Noga continue their romance as she researches for the Cohen gene. What a surprise is waiting for her at the end of her study.

MY OPINION:

I found the second tale of this series intriguing and original as Dan Sofer continues his series. He filled this novel with brutal criminals, slavery, lovesick suicide bombers, struggles, politics, and a nation in turmoil. His characters well-developed and his prose easy to follow makes this novel a joy to read. The scenes in this novel flow smoothly from scene to scene as Dan Sofer leads us through twists and turns to an action-packed finale. I look forward to the third book in this series. I would not hesitate to buy this novel for myself or friend.

AN ACCIDENTAL MESSIAH RECOMMENDATION: STARS 4

ALSO, PLEASE NOTE:

Additionally, I received this edition from the author. Furthermore, I chose to review the novel with honest book reviews, voluntarily. Lastly, reviews of any novel are dependent on the author’s opinion. Consequently, all book reviews online and on my blog, are my opinions.
Attachments
512Uu--+zTL._SY346_.jpg
512Uu--+zTL._SY346_.jpg (23.33 KiB) Viewed 1879 times
Last edited by Birdlady1950 on 28 May 2018, 19:43, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”