Official Review: Words From The Heart Of The Father

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Libs_Books
Favorite Book: The year of the flood
Currently Reading: Mason Dixon
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-libs-books.html
Latest Review: Dont Panic Its Organic by Dr. Andy Lopez

Re: Official Review: Words From The Heart Of The Father

Post by Libs_Books »

I suspect that some people think they can claim religious belief as an excuse for not writing to a professional standard. Maybe they're encouraged by others who think you can't criticise something properly if it arises out of someone's ideas about faith. I'm glad you felt able to give a clear and honest review which outlines some important failings.
AmySmiles
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Dana Peters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amysmiles.html
Latest Review: Sex Education for Adults Secrets to Amazing Sex and Happily Ever After Too by John Wilder
fav_author_id: 154082

Post by AmySmiles »

Libs_Books wrote: 08 May 2018, 14:50 I suspect that some people think they can claim religious belief as an excuse for not writing to a professional standard. Maybe they're encouraged by others who think you can't criticise something properly if it arises out of someone's ideas about faith. I'm glad you felt able to give a clear and honest review which outlines some important failings.
I wondered that myself. And if I'm honest I almost gave a higher rating because it felt wrong giving such a low score. But I think that as a reviewer even with the same beliefs, it's important to be fair. Religion and belief aside, what rating would I give it if it weren't a religious book. I tried to be unbiased, because I think they all deserve honest reviews. Thanks for reading.
Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.
–Author Unknown
CommMayo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-commmayo.html
Latest Review: Changed by Vicki Stiefel
Reading Device: B00G2Y4WNY

Post by CommMayo »

Oh man, there is no way I could read a book with zero punctuation! Thanks for taking one for the team...
AmySmiles
Favorite Author: Dana Peters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amysmiles.html
Latest Review: Sex Education for Adults Secrets to Amazing Sex and Happily Ever After Too by John Wilder
fav_author_id: 154082

Post by AmySmiles »

CommMayo wrote: 30 Jun 2018, 12:41 Oh man, there is no way I could read a book with zero punctuation! Thanks for taking one for the team...
It was pretty rough.
Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.
–Author Unknown

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”